Upholstery material (1 Viewer)

paddiesdad

Free Member
Apr 30, 2008
Funster No
Hi,
I have a 1999 Hymer A Class motorhome and am planning to do some internal alterations. This will mean I need about 5 metres of upholstery material to cover new cushions in the original pattern.
I've been in touch with Hymer in Preston and they charge an eye watering amount per metre. I've also contacted Hymer head office in Germany and they say they don't deal with individuals, and I should contact a dealer!
Can anyone suggest an alternative way to source this material?
Cheers,
Peter

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I bought material on advice from an upholsterer. Hymer use an open weave material which is prone to snags. I bought my material from a store called THE BANKRUPT SHOP. They deal in rolls ends of material. I bought more than enough to do All of my 544 for £29!! Bought the rest of the roll and now have enought to do my daughters Beetle.
Stores in Liverpool,Preston,Wigan,Newcastle and Madrid!
The Famous Bankrupt Shop - Store Locations
Have you tried Hambiltons?
Link Removed

Last edited:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I would be tempted to take a quality colour photograph of the material in question, and email it to all the re-upholstery companies that advertise in the back of the motor home and caravan magazines. There's a chance that one of them has it in stock, or that one of them could point you in the right direction.

Good luck:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
There are many good fabric suppliers
but fabric is a fashion statement and as such changes year on year
if your looking for a match on 10 year old designs, don't hold your breath:Eeek: as has been suggested if you send a pic to the likes of Regal Furnishings(google the name) they will tell you whats possible or not
Geo

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Hi if you can pm me a photo we have a very large material factory here I got mine there 30 euros for 7 meters i can look for you,

OP
OP
P

paddiesdad

Free Member
Apr 30, 2008
Funster No
Hi if you can pm me a photo we have a very large material factory here I got mine there 30 euros for 7 meters i can look for you,

Hi Ken,
Thanks for your encouraging reply to my query.
I'm sorry but I don't know how to send a photo via the motorhome fun site. I do have a photo attachment on my email file that I originally sent to Hymer in Germany. They were of no help, just saying they don't deal with individuals and please contact one of the dealers!
If you could let me know your email address, I could send a reply to you with the photo attachment. My address is simmonspa@hotmail.com
Alternatively, if you tell me what you mean by 'pm me a photo' I'll reply that way.
Sorry to seem so much like a novice at all this, and thanks again for your interest.
Cheers,
Peter
P.S. Hope the weather for you is better than here - it's bucketing down and cold with it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

paddiesdad

Free Member
Apr 30, 2008
Funster No
Hi Ken,
Thanks for your encouraging reply to my query.
I'm sorry but I don't know how to send a photo via the motorhome fun site. I do have a photo attachment on my email file that I originally sent to Hymer in Germany. They were of no help, just saying they don't deal with individuals and please contact one of the dealers!
If you could let me know your email address, I could send a reply to you with the photo attachment. My address is simmonspa@hotmail.com
Alternatively, if you tell me what you mean by 'pm me a photo' I'll reply that way.
Sorry to seem so much like a novice at all this, and thanks again for your interest.
Cheers,
Peter
P.S. Hope the weather for you is better than here - it's bucketing down and cold with it!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi give this guy a ring he gets hymer materials :thumb:
ALBERT FLETCHER --07747071720
terry