Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
not long sunday week and we are off to spain , can hardly wait. just hope we have put every thing back into the van that we need. its hard when you change vans :Blush:. how i am going to miss this lovely weather home here in sunny cornwall (not) :Blush::Blush::Blush:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I love all of these posts about people going away. Where in Sain are you going Theresa.

Jim
:Smile:

Gordy

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
benfleet Essex
Funster No
New to the forum

I take it all you who travel to Europe over winter for months have taken early retirment or retired

Roll on next year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
why would every body be retired .i started as a teenager .(did travel alot as a child. )in between jobs go away for awhile. at 42 kids grown up .travelled alot in africa. came home worked for agencies driving or tempory managing. go away every winter .come back do it again . never found a problem getting work .sometimes arrange to go back to the same company. you only live once life is not a rehearsal. do it now, tomorrow is another adventure waiting to happen.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
jj. fray bentos steak n ale with chips n mushy peas. may treat you if you are lucky. its things like that you need a good payload for. filling up with chedder n bacon etc next week ,after a few mnths a nice cheese on toast is lovelly . nice bacon sandwlch mmmmmm.with brown sauce. cheers alan

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
jj. fray bentos steak n ale with chips n mushy peas. may treat you if you are lucky. its things like that you need a good payload for. filling up with chedder n bacon etc next week ,after a few mnths a nice cheese on toast is lovelly . nice bacon sandwlch mmmmmm.with brown sauce. cheers alan

Fray bentos and steak n ale pie chips and mushy peas easy to get over anytime :ROFLMAO: PS today 26 and sunny:thumb:

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp

We are over on the train on the 1st Dec Then down to Portugal. Back in May! like you getting the bacon, sausages and cheese stored :thumb:.Funny when you can`t have a bacon sandwich you get a craving for one.
We had to wait until I retired to go away for the winter i`m afraid the NHS wouldnt give me long enough off at one time .Alan took eary retirement from Scotrail a few yrs before me.
Packing the van ready to go ,wish it was tomorrow :winky:Its freezing here........
Trying to get xmas sorted out for the grandchildren... so much to do (why am I sitting here on the pc lol)

Val

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hey people, look out... Fray Bentos pies with CHIPS and mushy peas... that IS unhealthy!

I have mine with mashed potatoes (with butter and milk) and peas and carrots... and how you can have BROWN sauce on bacon sarnies is beyond me!!! :)

JJ

PS. I hope any Funsters heading through Central Portugal will consider a visit to Quinta Majay especially if they know anything about 1) pruning vines and olive trees or 2) fence building using chopped down pine trees!!!

PPS. Just as happy if you want to sit and do absolutely nothing...

PPPS. Kipor gennies one end... Hondas the other and peace and quiet in the middle...

PPPPS. Man Utd fans stay stum and say nothing...

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi alanval. hope to be in portugal after xmas .but who knows . bob leaves this weekend then ferry in ten days. you dont do med on way down and do a circle then.
we may be olive picking near lieda for a friend .or so i have been instructed. all good fun. so many places to go never know where we will be going or what we will be doing from one day to next. catch you up somewhere . could end up with an army of uk campers rolling through europe . keep the women n children hidden away .ha ha. cheers alan.

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Just don¬t be blowing your horns all the way into/out of Tavira again lol noisy sods :ROFLMAO:

Our friends were on a small campsite in Spain and were picking olives for a few extra nights on the site .They loved it.PSssss don`t let Alan hear he will have me working all winter cherry and apple picking do me in the summer ..................

Val

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
val . i havnt fittedone yet. i only have flashing lights on the roof. andre with the big daf 4x4 is the one you need to blame. i,m innocent. we may terrorize you with the monkey bike gang. have you got one yet. blinking yobs get every where. book collection being loaded as well. think i have a library bus sometimes.

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Ok Alan (hubby) will be over with redundant books :ROFLMAO:.......We have never been round the costas yet just go by Burgos, Salamanca ,Saville Portugal but this time going to Mina de san Domingas /Mertola first so going in by Badajoz this time....

Val

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
pack your bags roger come as well . you cant do anything but swim these days round here. if it carries on much more will have to get the boat out. you know you want to .ha ha.

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
hi alanval. hope to be in portugal after xmas .but who knows . bob leaves this weekend then ferry in ten days. you dont do med on way down and do a circle then.
we may be olive picking near lieda for a friend .or so i have been instructed. all good fun. so many places to go never know where we will be going or what we will be doing from one day to next. catch you up somewhere . could end up with an army of uk campers rolling through europe . keep the women n children hidden away .ha ha. cheers alan.

Had a text from friend who is at Adam & Eve she says Tavira Pingo Doce is finished they are building on the site ...Everyone has gone to Adam & EVe its packed no doubt they will move them all on now... to many there. We liked Pingo it was handy for the shops .there is also a new shopping centre at the roundabout where the garage is ...Where they have the gypsy markets. looks like Villa real or quateria for the shopping ...

Val

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
funny how different people are ....I read here of someone who is going to stay on the same campsite for the 6th year in a row ...I would pay you NOT to do that ...I don't mind familiar places but after a few days .....off we go

to me motorhoming is all about freedom , exploring the highways and byways

no doubt most most people are between these extremes ...we have dutch friends who used to spend the summer researching what country/site they would spend 3 months at ....but they never went to the same place twice !

what a good thing it is that we all have different ideas :Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you take it nice n slow day here day there .it takes all winter to get from the border with france to the other border with france ,keeping by the sea. some places you stay longer than others, if you cant park easily move on .never try to get anywhere fast. visit inland aswell but it does get chilly in the seirra navada. hope to meet up with lots of funsters on the way. dont know when or where. hope all have fun. cheers alan.

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
Heard lots about Bontterra Park, all good. Have a ball

it is all good, well we think so . i know some of you on here like to move around a lot , BUT we like to spend the winter at bontterra , as we tell people we are not on holiday but living there for the winter . when you are on a pension it cost,s to much to keep moving from site to site , and sorry but wont use the aires after being robbed on one , i like to sleep at night and go off for the day knowing that the van is safe . each to their own after all . :Blush::Blush::Blush: god i bet i,ve started some thing now :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back