Important Update Essex Meet all pitches now hardstanding car park (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
The Essex meet is still taking place at Waldegraves and there are plenty of spaces available however all funsters are being moved.

This means you will not be staying on the pitch numbers originally given to you by Waldegraves.

This is because our original pitches are too wet now, and it is therefore unlikely they will dry out before 27 November.

Holly from Waldegraves has therefore allocated Motorhome Fun the WHOLE of touring field number 2 including the car park by the toilets.

This means that you can either park within the car park area or on any part of the gravel road within touring field 2 as long as the exits are not blocked.

You can view the new touring field here: -

Link Removed

The electric points for the normal pitches on field 2 are apparently next to the car park borders so its just a question of your electric hook up cable being able to reach. If it cant reach find a convenient spot on the gravel road.

Personally I think hardstanding at this time of year is far better and avoids any necessity for expensive tow trucks.

I do like a company that takes care of its guests and I am impressed they have contacted us rather than leave us to get stuck on very muddy pitches.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Thank you Gail, and thanks also to Waldegraves.:thumb:
Having been parked up on a very wet grass pitch last weekend by site wardens when hard standings were left empty, it is good to see common sense being applied.:thumb:

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Gail, thanks for that, sounds good to us, we have two cables about 50m, I'm sure we can work something out between us. :Smile: And that will save Kevin and Sonja laying miles and miles of temporary road,:RollEyes:::bigsmile: the thought of You Tube for a second time is a big No No..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: As long as thats the real reason :Doh: and they have not been tipped off about how much noise we make.:whatthe::roflmto: Bob.

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi Gail, thanks for that, sounds good to us, we have two cables about 50m, I'm sure we can work something out between us. :Smile: And that will save Kevin and Sonja laying miles and miles of temporary road,:RollEyes:::bigsmile: the thought of You Tube for a second time is a big No No..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: As long as thats the real reason :Doh: and they have not been tipped off about how much noise we make.:whatthe::roflmto: Bob.

Personally we would rather have hardstanding this time of year however apparently a motorhome on that side got a little stuck when trying to leave and I think the thought of all of us getting stuck at the same time was worrying Waldegraves.

HOWEVER !!! It now means we can party as late as we like, make as much noise as we like ( as long as we dont wake our son :ROFLMAO:)

and have as much FUN as we like without disturbing any miserable motorhomers (ie non funsters)

Now shall I bring the karaoke machine??????

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Okay Gail.

The only problem is that we wont be able to put the party tents up if its hardstanding, unless we put them on the grass.

Considering that there are a few of us going now it would be nice to have a meeting place.
sheltered from the bad weather.

Some may go to the club house others may not want to go.

We can sort it out when we get there.

We will probably get there early, maybe even thursday night not sure yet. maybe friday morning.

Pat

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Okay Gail.

The only problem is that we wont be able to put the party tents up if its hardstanding, unless we put them on the grass.

Considering that there are a few of us going now it would be nice to have a meeting place.
sheltered from the bad weather.

Some may go to the club house others may not want to go.

We can sort it out when we get there.

We will probably get there early, maybe even thursday night not sure yet. maybe friday morning.

Pat

We have the whole use of the touring field, so we can put up a tent if we want to

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Well done Gail

Come on Andy get your name down, you know you want too.:winky:::bigsmile:

Gail...........:Smile:Now shall I bring the karaoke machine??????
:cry:Don't let Kevin get hold of it...........::bigsmile: Was you at Newark.:Doh::roflmto:
He deserved a medal :Cool:............:roflmto: Bob.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Come on Andy get your name down, you know you want too.:winky:::bigsmile:

Gail...........:Smile:Now shall I bring the karaoke machine??????
:cry:Don't let Kevin get hold of it...........::bigsmile: Was you at Newark.:Doh::roflmto:
He deserved a medal :Cool:............:roflmto: Bob.

No I think it was us that deserved the medal:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can you take your kyham excelsior motordome so we can put them together if its not too windy.

We can put them on the grass next to EHU.

Pat

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Gail and thanks for sorting your a star:notworthy:

I will go where put or as Bob says we will have to bring the road with us.:ROFLMAO:

Having a look on google Earth dont know how it would work out if we all parked on the gravel road in the middle of the field and put the tents up on the grass.

We wont be there until at least 7 - 8pm so will go where we are told - just remember we are nearly 8metres long and I snore:ROFLMAO:

Sonja

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Pat, you know we only have the Kyham screen house..........:Smile: It is lower than your :RollEyes: kyham excelsior motordome, but I should think they will mate up together.::bigsmile: Bob.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
important update 27 nov

Thanks for that - no mud to clean off carpets -phew!
will be there fri am as have booked day off work yippeeeeee

Looking forward, S.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Pat, you know we only have the Kyham screen house..........:Smile: It is lower than your :RollEyes: kyham excelsior motordome, but I should think they will mate up together.::bigsmile: Bob.

Nice bit of kit it is too.. :thumb: both experts are putting it up :winky:

Link Removed

sparky_speedy

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Funster No
Thanks Gail

The hardstanding sounds much better. i have now decided to leave work early so fingers crossed we should be there about 6 ish.

Deb and Paul

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Meet

Hi could you put our name for the meet at Waldergraves, what is the latest we can arrive on site as I dont finish work until late Friday:thumb:
It will be nice to meet some our new found friends
Ray n Geri

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Ray and Geri, you have to phone the site and book.

Here:
Hi everyone

Have reserved 10 electric pitches with Waldegraves

Self Catering Holidays in Essex. Holiday Park, Mersea Island, Essex | Waldegraves

When booking please quote reference 21895 and state you are with motorhome fun.

If you have already booked just give Waldegraves a quick call and let them know you are with the motorhome fun group as they are pitching us all together.

Prices are £12 per night any dogs are £2 per night.

On the Saturday night there is the end of season fancy dress party in the club house with a live band called Phyzical. (fancy dress is optional).

Look forward to seeing those of you who can make it

The hog roast on Saturday night is FREE, :Smile: If you want that, tell them,:winky: and how many are in your party.

And when Gail gets on here she will put you on the list, see you there.:thumb: Bob and Jane. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi could you put our name for the meet at Waldergraves, what is the latest we can arrive on site as I dont finish work until late Friday:thumb:
It will be nice to meet some our new found friends
Ray n Geri

Hi Ray and Geri and welcome to motorhome fun.

Book through the site and they will tell you the latest arrival time.

We are always up late so we dont mind when you arrive xxx

Dont forget your fishing gear and/or golf gear as there is both fishing and golf on site.

There is an end of season party on the Saturday night with a free hog roast, band and fancy dress optional.

Looking forward to meeting you xxxx

ritaderek

Free Member
Jul 29, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
Exp
Golf??

Hi
is there a chance of a round? Anyone else likely to be bringing clubs?? (Rita not too impressed me thinks - making dark noises about knitting and books!)
Let me know
Derek:helptitanic:

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Tell Rita that I am sure there will be someone playing Golf weather , I know our son wants ago.

Well come on folks theres plenty of spaces, why not come and join us.

Theres fishing, theres golf

Theres a free hog roast on saturday night

ANDDDDDDDD of course you will be meeting up with other funsters

We always have fun whatever the weather.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Attendees list updated

Ourcampersbeentrashed
BobandJane
Brisey
Diabalo
Patsy4
Rayb182
Red Sonja
RitaDerek
Sparky-Speedy
TheonlySue

and two whose usernames are not known

Plenty of time left to book so come join us

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi Folks
Booked,paid, and looking forward to-it. :thumb:
Just hope this flaming wind drops.

Regards...nige&sheree

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, Jane's been having funny turns the last few day's,:RollEyes: she has been telling everyone she is going away today.:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Not buying food as we are away....:Doh:.....trying to eat all the apples because she does not want to take them with her..... told someone she can't get to Norwich until next week, as she is too busy.........we have arranged to pick up a trailer load of horse muck,:RollEyes: but not until next week because she is away........:cry:.............And she has MR Observant walking past the worktop stack up with all this stuff to go in the van for the last THREE DAY'S.:Blush::Doh: Bob.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See you all NEXT WEEKEND, some of us can't wait...........:whatthe:::bigsmile:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Are there many spaces left, and how much is the Hog Roast, only we have been looking at our diary and we have nothing planned for that weekend and it sounds like it could be good.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Piggy roast is free, why do you think Bob & Jane are going:ROFLMAO:
Beats sausage salad any day:ROFLMAO:

Should be places left, give em a buz:thumb:

Hope you can make it, the more the merryer:thumb:

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Yes Braunston

Plenty of spaces left

Waldegraves have allocated us the whole of touring field number 2 including use of the car park.

Motorhomes are to park either on the gravel road on within the car park by the toilets to avoid getting bogged down xxxx

Self Catering Holidays in Essex. Holiday Park, Mersea Island, Essex | Waldegraves

When booking please quote reference 21895 and state you are with motorhome fun.

Here is a map of the site

Link Removed

Prices are £12 per night any dogs are £2 per night.

On the Saturday night there is the end of season fancy dress party in the club house with a live band called Phyzical. (fancy dress is optional). It includes a hog roast which is free but let them now how many of you want the hog roast xxxx

There is golf and are fishing lakes on site and the sea is nearby so dont forget your tackle and bait

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Just booked Friday & Saturday, :thumb:

I did mention to the young lady that I would like to add 2 to the Hog Roast and she said someone had already given her the numbers, just wanted to double check if thats correct.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I have today upped the hog roast reservations to 26 people

Ourcampersbeentrashed
BobandJane
Braunston
Brisey
Diabalo
Highwayman
Patsy4
Rayb182
Red Sonja
RitaDerek
Sparky-Speedy
TheonlySue
and 1 other funster

There are only SEVEN PITCHES LEFT if any funsters wish to join us xxxxx

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have today upped the hog roast reservations to 26 people

Cruel.

I'll go a fair way for a hog roast, but at today's diesel prices that would make it a bit pricey.

We had one for daughter's wedding. A whole hog. It was magnificent. Half an hour and only bones were left. But it were good. Local farmer did it, he paints it with some coating including honey which give it a crisp glaze. Oh dear I'm slavering.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back