Free Member
Feb 4, 2008
Hallow, Worcs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 yrs
Hi, what do people think of the brush type dirt skirts? The car gets filthy when towing.

We are thinking of buying them - £76.70 for 2 x 4ft with fittings from ABP accessories + p & p. Expensive so need to know if it is worth it.

Wot do you think?

thanks

George

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi, what do people think of the brush type dirt skirts? The car gets filthy when towing.
We are thinking of buying them - £76.70 for 2 x 4ft with fittings from ABP accessories + p & p. Expensive so need to know if it is worth it.
Wot do you think?
thanks
George

Just a personal opinion, but I think the brush type ones are scruffy and ugly as sin.......I've also heard that they're not that effective.
We had a full (solid) rubber one on our Landau which personally, I thought looked a lot better............but probably weighed a ton!:ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

skirts are good, help prevent stones from hitting the car, but won't stop the toad getting dirty.

There is another product that ties to the tow bar and onto the toad, may be a better idea ?

Tow Defender tow shield

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
We have a solid skirt and it does seem to protect the car from stone chips but the car still does get dirty in the rain, and as Zasker says it weighs a ton I know I took it off to clean and polish once won't do that again:whatthe::whatthe:

100_1528.jpg

Regards Pat

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
We have a solid skirt and it does seem to protect the car from stone chips but the car still does get dirty in the rain, and as Zasker says it weighs a ton I know I took it off to clean and polish once won't do that again:whatthe::whatthe:
Regards Pat

Now that looks class!:thumb: Always wanted a "Landau" in stainless but never got round to it.
Good looking rear Sir!:Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

GEOFFs125

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
Salisbury, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
I have read on an American RV forum that both type increase fuel consumption. :cry:

Would appreciate if you would let me know if this is correct.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back