Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Not meaning to be rude but is that job not for the start of the year, when the black streaks of winter have begun to decline and new opportunities for your van to be seen present themselves?
Alan

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
No worries - not rude at all.

It needed cleaning and we use our van throughout winter.

When my son was young he used to use a similar argument to your point - "why should I get washed when I will be dirty again soon" He never won his argument..:D:D:D

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Just had our van cleaned externally by Mike at Motorhomevalet.

Came to the house and did a great job, despite the weather....

Very pleased. would highlyu recommend.

Nice to meet you both and I am glad you are pleased with my work. I was very lucky with the weather, just finished when it started to drizle. Even though some would say I am biased, I have always thought prevention is better cure and your van should now shrug everything that winter will throw at it.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Injebrek99..
Try giving Simpsons at Great Yarmouth a ring and see if they will do a van wash and polish for you.. They have 2 valeters going through their stock on a rotation..
Mitch..

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Nice to meet you both and I am glad you are pleased with my work. I was very lucky with the weather, just finished when it started to drizle. Even though some would say I am biased, I have always thought prevention is better cure and your van should now shrug everything that winter will throw at it.

Prevention is definitely better than a cure ! A nice fresh clean vehicle and layer of wax or sealant will ensure the van is not only protected which is important if its being used through winter but it will make the van easier to clean as muck does not stick anywhere near as much to a slick shiny vehicle. (y)

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Hi Injebrek99..
Try giving Simpsons at Great Yarmouth a ring and see if they will do a van wash and polish for you.. They have 2 valeters going through their stock on a rotation..
Mitch..

I have used them earlier this year, very good service, but will not use them too often due to cost.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well, if on your travels you are down Mike's way, stay at The Crown, Cerney Wick in the cl only £10 per night with electric and the landlord let Mick do mine.
I stayed there as well while Mike did mine. I'll be doing the same again next year (y)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I wish there was a similar service here in Norfolk, I would use them.

We keep our van on a storage site in Norfolk (between Thetford and Watton). Not only is the storage cheap but they will wash and wax your vehicle too. Not meant to be a 'valet' exactly but its only £25 so good value really.

Paul

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
We keep our van on a storage site in Norfolk (between Thetford and Watton). Not only is the storage cheap but they will wash and wax your vehicle too. Not meant to be a 'valet' exactly but its only £25 so good value really.

Paul
Not wanting to put a damper but if it was me I would look very carefully at what products they use. Cheap TFR can seriously damage your motorhome

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

Paul

As has been said that price is no where near enough of a Mho.

You couldn't do a car for that.

IMHO

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Prevention is definitely better than a cure ! A nice fresh clean vehicle and layer of wax or sealant will ensure the van is not only protected which is important if its being used through winter but it will make the van easier to clean as muck does not stick anywhere near as much to a slick shiny vehicle. (y)
Plus one for that, @Charlie (y)(y)

I contacted a local valeter and asked him twice what products he used. Since he never answered the question he never got my business and I'm still looking

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back