Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Atherstone
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
20 yrs
Whilst away for months on end in France, we ended up running out of toilet blue. The cost to replace was unbelievable, but needs must I purchased some from a Hypermarket.
A few days later, I was talking to a fellow traveler, who said he uses Bio washing tablets instead of Blue, because of the cost involved in France.
Has anyone come across this method?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Lots of people use it. We tried it but simply preferred the toilet chemicals. However, using cheap bio detergent tablets is much, much cheaper and well proven. Recommended by many.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Bio liquid is our choice. Some other loo chemicals are very bad for septic tanks (fosse septique) so you'll have the advantages of usng a cheaper product that doesn't destroy kill the the good bacteria in the waste storage and soakaway systems used in many areas of France.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Maybe ypu can get a sog fitted. A DIY one will only cost around a tenner.:)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
They work though!(y)(y)(y)

They also stink.
Park next to someone with a SOG outlet facing your direction who hasn't changed the filter, or as I experienced, has removed it.
Then come back and tell us "they work".
I took the offender to task but his answer was more or less "It doesnt leave smells inside our van and it's good for the evironment".....helpful, eh?
He was most pissed off next morning to find someone had duct taped his outlet up.
If I had a pipe long enough I would have piped the "aroma" under his van and into his awning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
They also stink.
Park next to someone with a SOG outlet facing your direction who hasn't changed the filter, or as I experienced, has removed it.
I took the offender to task but his answer was more or less "It doesnt leave smells inside our van and it's good for the evironment".....helpful, eh?
He was most pissed off next morning to find someone had duct taped his outlet up.
If I had a pipe long enough I would have piped the "aroma" under his van and into his awning.
Hope you used gorilla tape. It is a swine to remove.........

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Dun ear in Narfuk we call em sog fings ''sht orfull gizmoos''! :LOL:
You are going to fit in well on here..... though there are readers of the "Suffolk Gazette" on here as well. Planet Zog is in Suffork by the way, and last time we visited Norwich we were turned away at the border by a mob with pitchforks and torches who apparently fancied roast duck for dinner........ ;)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
and last time we visited Norwich we were turned away at the border by a mob with pitchforks
Maybe you should have kept the paper bag over your head at the checkpoint? (y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Maybe you should have kept the paper bag over your head at the checkpoint? (y)

I was hiding inside the Chinese takeaway carrier bag but they rumbled me........ it must have been the sweet and sour sauce aftershave that gave the game away

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I was hiding inside the Chinese takeaway carrier bag but they rumbled me........ it must have been the sweet and sour sauce aftershave that gave the game away
You dont shave. Maybe it was the sweet and sour sauce you dribbled down your jersey? :)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
They also stink.
I'm sorry if they offend you but if they are properly maintained "They do work"

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Bio tabs from Aldi but 2 in hot weather!
Emptying toilet cassette every day when in hot climate!(y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
And how many "sittings" does it deal with in that time?

Just wondering

JJ :cool:
No idea just doing what manufacturer recommends

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
They certainly keep the smell out of the van, so they work in that respect.

As for helping aerobic digestion I doubt that very much. They can only suck more air (and therefore oxygen) in when the blade is open. I don't know about others but we tend to close the blade as soon as we have finished flushing, so not a lot of time for air to get in. Aerobic digestion plants work by a steady flow of air.

Not knocking it, because we use a similar one - not SOG, because that is a trade name, but does the same thing.

We used to use bio tabs from Lidl, but the last lot we bought have changed and now have two separate chambers to them with different coloured liquid in. So we are now going to try Lidl's liquid bio. They had a deal on at £1.99 each if you bought 2.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
If you are going to switch to bio remember to give the tank a good clean to remove all the chemicals that nasty blue stuff leaves behinds as it kills the bio action.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
We've been using bio washing tabs for some time. Discovered one of those "starter" bottles of Elsan at the bavk of a cupboard, thought might as well use it.
Wife won't go back to the tabs now.:(

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I'm sorry if they offend you but if they are properly maintained "They do work"

They do work if properly maintained, but why should the user's neighbour have to tolerate the stink they emit when they aren't?
If next doors unit emits his stink into your space, ask him to disconnect the fan. If that doesn't work, block the outlet and tape it up, thus feeding his own stink back to him.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back