Replacement keys in Spain (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
When the scrotes nicked wifes handbag/money/credit cards etc. they also got a complete set of our keys. I can get the car key replaced via a local dealer and loads of cash but door and hold keys for our USA 5er seems a no go.
Tried lots of Mr mint type places in Alicante and Torrevieja but to no avail.
Any ideas out there?
JK

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
When the scrotes nicked wifes handbag/money/credit cards etc. they also got a complete set of our keys. I can get the car key replaced via a local dealer and loads of cash but door and hold keys for our USA 5er seems a no go.
Tried lots of Mr mint type places in Alicante and Torrevieja but to no avail.
Any ideas out there?
JK

Hi JK

There is a item on UK ebay for hard to find rv/5th wheel key blanks, which is what i typed in, they ask for key name & number and also pic of key is from the usa, hope its of some help. Item number as 110453776964

Regards

Ant

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jackomet
Nov 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Just an update on the theft. Just managed to access my (SHMBO) cc account.
They managed to withdraw £2,000 (5 x £500 in cash) from the account in a very short time after getting hold of it. We reported it stolen about 4 hours after we noticed it gone. How do they do that without the PIN and usually such withdrawals get flaged/stopped immediately by the CC company? They also got our current account card but no money has been withdrawn from that.
I guess these guys are pros and have the equipment to do this or am I being naive?
Also now the account is being charged a daily "cash withdrawl" interest rate, up to £2,300 now.:Angry:
Waiting for CC security to call me back.
Not happy p%^$ed off.
Down on his uppers, JK

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
oh god what a night mare for you. may be worth asking your bank HOW they managed to get money with out your pin . as for your keys we had to wit till we got home and sorry to say had to have new locks fitted , our insurance covered that . mind you that was all they covered . the money, passport, and other documents were NOT covered . makes you so angry . i wanted to buy a gun and go back park up for the night and wait to see if the so and so came back . but other half talked me out of it . keep your pecker up and dont let the sods win by getting your down :Angry::Angry:

OP
OP
Jackomet
Nov 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
T
I thought the costs of everyting would be covered inc. passports (£300!), was it stipulated in your cover that they were not?
JK

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
yes when we looked at the small print , that was safe guard we were insured with . did you get a police report as you will need one for the insurance people . :Blush:

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
forgot to had take a look at your house insurance ( if you have a house and not a full timer ) some times things are covered on that .

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
I know this is a "Fun" site but stories like this really frighten my wife, and I must admit also frighten me. True, there are countless people visiting foreign countries and have no complaints or horror stories to relate, but still, one bad tale can outdo 10s of other good holiday stories. I really sympathise with you Jackomet and having gone through the same thing myself, (albeit not on a MH holiday) I can estimate how you are feeling. Drawing money from your bank without PIN identification is very worrying and I, like theresa says would be querying this matter most strongly with your bank. You have decided to make the most of it I see, but it is further disheartening when things later don't go well like trying to get replacement keys etc.
I only hope that the rest of your stay is a pleasant one and no more bad things befall you and your good lady.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
how on earth can they take £2,000 in a day anyway ?

I keep a maximum of £300 /day on cash withdrawals for both credit and debit cards , plenty for me

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back