Alde 3020 installed accessories (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
How do I find out what accessories are fitted to my system. In particular what type or types of pump. I tried to get the answer to my question on the Alde stand at NEC and only left more confused. What I was told was that just because it appears on the screen and you select the accessory it doesn't mean it is fitted! Also they said just select "main manual 12v" and it will work.
I like to think I am reasonably tech literate but the Alde manual and touch screens make little sense to me.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You should have the inline pump sat next to the boiler.

3020-9051.jpg
the pump is the bit with the blue band around it.

As to the rest of your question I am not sure what you are asking.

Martin

OP
OP
G
Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Martin,
On the "Inst Acc" screen there is optional pump, main manual12v, main remote 12v and Main 230 v and they all have the pump symbol beside them. So I presume they are all pump type options. But by ticking their box doesn't mean they are there to use is what I was told. So how do you find out if you have them? The usual signal on the Alde panel is greyed out and you cannot select or alter does not apply to installed accessories page.
I hope I have made myself clearer and thank you for the reference to the pump beside the boiler casing.

Eric

OP
OP
G
Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Pappajohn, that takes me closer. I now have two possible locations for pumps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I have the same thing on my hymer, and only by contacting importer, travel world, would I know what's connected.
Not all missing items are greyed out.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin,
On the "Inst Acc" screen there is optional pump, main manual12v, main remote 12v and Main 230 v and they all have the pump symbol beside them. So I presume they are all pump type options. But by ticking their box doesn't mean they are there to use is what I was told. So how do you find out if you have them? The usual signal on the Alde panel is greyed out and you cannot select or alter does not apply to installed accessories page.
I hope I have made myself clearer and thank you for the reference to the pump beside the boiler casing.

Eric
Hi Eric

Sorry I have only just seen this, so a quick read of the online manual and yes there is a variety of pumps, as pappajohn says you could have the optional 12 volt one in the top of the expansion tank, that should be easy to find as I guess it is in the back of a wardrobe or cupboard, you should be able to see if it has a pump in the top just behind the pop off plastic cover.

The next possibility would be an inline 12 volt next to the boiler and you would have to lift a floor hatch or gain access to have a look, my understanding is that there are two inline pump one with manual speed setting (blue dial) and one with "remote" setting two speed so that would be controlled from the panel.

The third possibility would be a 240 volt pump but this would be in conjunction with one of the other 12 volt options (the expansion tank one at a guess).

Pasted from web/online manual

Circula on Pump

Select which circulation pump to use for the central heating, depending on what pumps are installed.

Pump Manual 12 V. For the 12 V inline circulation pump with manual 5-speed dial.

Pump Remote 12 V. For the remote-controlled 12 V inline circulation pump. Pump speed can also be set. Speed 2 is recommended. Speed 4–5 should only be used prior to bleeding the system of air.

Optional Pump 12 V. For the optional 12 V circulation pump in the expansion tank.

Pump 230 V. For the 230 V inline circula on pump.
Auto. Automa cally selects the 230 V pump when a 230 V supply is

detected, or the optional 12 V pump when only 12 V supply is available. Pump mode can also be set.

Cont. The pump is continuously active. This will reduce the hot water supply. For testing the circulation pump in the summer, if room temperature exceeds 30 °C.

Thermo. The pump is controlled by the room thermostat.

Martin

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I know little about alde sytems but i am a heating engineer/plumber from what ive read these systems can be difficult to fill by gravity and i suspect the pump in the header tank would be an extra to aid filling

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know little about alde sytems but i am a heating engineer/plumber from what ive read these systems can be difficult to fill by gravity and i suspect the pump in the header tank would be an extra to aid filling

I drained and refilled our and it was easy, the header tank is a reasonable distance above the highest radiator so I just filled that and cracked a few of the bleed point and it all filled by gravity, the header tank pump is for circulation rather than and positive pressure so would not particularly aid in filling and once the pump is in place you can't add fluid.

Martin

OP
OP
G
Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Martin, thanks for the information. I do not have my van at the moment but hope to retrieve it from the dealers clutches soon. Armed with your guide I will have a good look to see what pump or pumps are fitted. I will report back on what I unearth.
Eric

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I drained and refilled our and it was easy, the header tank is a reasonable distance above the highest radiator so I just filled that and cracked a few of the bleed point and it all filled by gravity, the header tank pump is for circulation rather than and positive pressure so would not particularly aid in filling and once the pump is in place you can't add fluid.

Martin
i bow to your greater knowledge martin only one ive seen only had a single pipe down from the header tank

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin, thanks for the information. I do not have my van at the moment but hope to retrieve it from the dealers clutches soon. Armed with your guide I will have a good look to see what pump or pumps are fitted. I will report back on what I unearth.
Eric

Hi Eric

Thanks for the question, I have learnt a bit as well,

If you find this pump at the side of the boiler, with the blue speed control knob on the end then it is the main 12 volt (not the remote one).

1040669.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back