Vet needed Northern France for PP check (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
After some info on a vet please for our dogs' return passport check and worming treatment this week.

We're currently at Chateau Gontier, approx 40km above Angers and tomorrow will be travelling up to the Northern coast of France, probably ending up at Grandcamp Maisy (just LOVE that name!) with the intention of driving slowly Eastwards then up the coast, getting to Wimereux just above Boulogne sur Mer sometime on Tuesday afternoon.

Our crossing with Eurotunnel is Thursday morning so we need to see a vet with our dogs sometime on Monday ideally, or Tuesday if needs be ... soooooo ....

Does anyone know of a vet somewhere between Caen and Boulogne we could use that ideally does NOT cost the earth as we have 3 dogs!

I know I can look at the map giving details of vets but the info doesn't always give an idea of prices, or if they do, they are quite a few years old, so am looking for more recent info/suggestions please.

Bally

Free Member
Sep 24, 2016
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi we used a vets in Saint-Valerie-sur-Somme a couple of years back its just turn up and wait your turn, he let us give our dog the tablet, very reasonable too good English speaking vet. It was August and probably only waited 45mins if I remember open 4pm while 7pm. Lovely town and lovely Aire which is through a barrier think it was 5 euros the vets is on the left as you walk down into town from the Aire.

Ged

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Don't have a dog but have heard good reports of the vet at La Mailleraye-sur-Seine.

One of our favourite aires as well, with good dog walking and plenty to see on the river.
Plus, you don't have to go through Rouen, another bonus. (y):)

Richard.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Be careful about taking your own worming tablets for your dog as some vets will still charge you the same price as if they'd supplied them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
St.Omer vet speaks English, but we got charged €4.20 in 2012, went on 5th October 2016 and the charge was €35, the only difference is we made an appointment this time and just walked in last time.
They is an Aire across the road that was free in October because the pay machine was turned off so no water available and the trains can be noisy.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
I've added the up-to-date prices to the Google Map - any more details of Vets you've used recently - new or old - would be appreciated.

The more choice the better.

VET 4 (600 x 612).jpg

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We're now at Courseulles sur Mer - any more recommendations before we take the plunge tomorrow?

Deleted User
We used the vets in Wimereux in Dec 14, there is a car park close by easy to park up.
Can't remember the cost but spoke good English, gave them a good check over.
If you don't speak French like us, they said best to email for an appointment.
Clinique Veterinaire Opalia

47 rue Napoleon, 62930 Wimereux

Tel 0321834602

Email contact@veterinaire-opalia.com

www.veterinaire-opalia.com

Lin :)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
As there was a vet at Courseulles sur Mer hubby wanted to go there as easier than having to go elsewhere ... I wasn't sure as it's a posh marina place but the clinic was a few km away from the 'posh' bit so ... wish we'd not bothered!!!! It has cost us more than we've ever had to pay anywhere else ... €111.08 for 3 dogs including the tablets! :eek: NOT happy at all ... charged for 3 consultations but with a discount of 20% on the second and 30% on the third but still very expensive!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Will NOT be going there again so won't bother giving the details on here as I wouldn't want anyone to pay through the nose too - there's only the one vet practice so just avoid it!!!!!! :unsure:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Useful feedback but makes me wonder why you bothered asking the question originally, you were offered a good few options still more or less on your route for the next couple of days that could have saved you loads and were recommended o_O

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Useful feedback but makes me wonder why you bothered asking the question originally, you were offered a good few options still more or less on your route for the next couple of days that could have saved you loads and were recommended o_O
True ... perhaps you would also like to ask my hubby that ... I'm still too blooming fuming to do so in case I kill him! :cautious:

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Minxy Girl - I agree it's daylight robbery and I certainly wouldn't want to recommend the Vet you used but if you let me have the address I'll mark it on the Google Map as a place to avoid.

That way others will not get robbed as you have.

:france: :france: :france: :france:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Minxy Girl - I agree it's daylight robbery and I certainly wouldn't want to recommend the Vet you used but if you let me have the address I'll mark it on the Google Map as a place to avoid.

That way others will not get robbed as you have.

Okay - details below:

Clinique Veterinaire Les Corfolands
(Dr Le Delezir, Dr Laurent, Dr Preud'Homme)
1 Route de Reviers, 14470 Courseulles-sur-Mer, France

... just to re-iterate for anyone else reading this thread do NOT use the above practice as they are expensive!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just to give some feedback - we used the vet at Lamotte-Beuvron which is shown on the 'vet map'.

I rang on Monday to make an appointment for today but the receptionist didn't really speak any English ... when I asked "Parlez vous Anglais?" she said "Un peu" but then proceeded in French! :rolleyes: Fortunately I speak some French so was able to have a conversation and when asked if I wanted the appointment that day I replied I wanted it for Mercredi Matin (Wednesday morning) and she offered me a time of "neuf trente" (9.30 am) which was perfect! Spelling my name was more difficult though trying to remember how to say the French alphabet! :D

Although you can stay in Lamotte-Beuvron itself the reviews are very bad due to youths messing about etc so not worth the risk of aggro, so instead yesterday we went to a 'park for night' recommended place at Chaumont sur Tharonne about 8km West where we spent a lovely afternoon and evening sitting by the lake/large fishing pond (and got a couple of free trout for helping one of the fishermen who was having trouble getting the hooks out of the fishes mouths!).

We found the practice quite easily this morning and it took about 10 mins to get there and park in their car park but larger MHs might want to park on the road instead.

The vet spoke good English so that was a bonus and it was cheap, especially so compared to the extortionate price we were charged last year at another vet! The cost for our visit today? Just €34 for our three dogs (the cost of a single consultation) and I provided the Drontal worming tablets which the vet was happy to use and she just checked the weight they were for and the use by date. She asked where we'd heard of them and we told her it was taken from a forum recommendation, she said she gets a LOT of motorhomers going to her on recommendation. I'm more than happy to recommend the practice to anyone who needs a vet in the area/on their way back home and will certainly go there again if we are passing that way.

Details of the vet:

26 Avenue d'Orléans (D2020), Lamotte-Beuvron
Tel – 02.54.88.01.64
Parking at Vet or Stade des Bruyéres (200 metres)
Booking appointments - clinvet.vivier41@wanadoo.fr. 47.608192, 2.022632​

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Vet prices must vary a lot though. We use Maillerie sur Seine more often than not, make a specific diversion to get there, and we've only ever paid €15 for two dogs with us supplying the Drontal. But we've heard of several people who've paid €15 per dog.

Malcolm

MrsBB

Free Member
Jun 14, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
10 years after many years tugging
We generally use the vet at Rue .....just above crotoy. 27 Euro for consultation whether with one or two dogs . We always take own tablets. Large car park and just across road from Aldi and Lidl . Tried vet at mailleraye sur seine and paid 15 per dog but friends got both their dogs done for 15 !!!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We used Mailleraye a few weeks ago - €22 inc tablet for a Border Collie.

And a very good meal at the Restaurant that night.

I'm gonna slit my wrists now ... here was me thinking I'd done well this time! :crying:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yet a further update for the vet at Lamotte Beuvron and a new one we discovered at Lapalisse:

Lamotte Beuvron
I rang yesterday morning to make an appointment and got one for 2.00 pm today which was the earliest they could fit us in and fitted in with our travel plans quite well. It was still the same price as last year, namely €34, for a consultation for our 3 dogs with us providing the tablets; the young female vet who we saw spoke some English so it was a fairly easy process.

Lapalisse
We stopped at a nice aire (free) at Lapalisse two nights ago and spotted a vet in the village whilst giving the dogs a morning walk round, I enquired as to the cost and was told it would be €29 for the consultation for our 3 dogs with us providing the tablets. Unfortunately the earliest they could see us that day was 5.30 pm so as it wasn't even mid-morning we decided we couldn't spare the time to wait around all day but will keep the details for possible future use:

Clinique Veterinaire de Lapalisse
12 Place du General Leclerc
03120 Lapalisse
tel: 04 70 99 66 66

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just an update on your earlier post.
The Aire at Lamotte-Beuvron is absolutely fine. We have stopped there lots of times and have never had any ‘agro’ from local kids.
Quite a pleasant and convenient spot just off the D2020.

Richard.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
It seems the closer you get to Calais the more expensive! Last 3 occasions we've used the clinic at Rue, 5 mins from Le Crotoy - straight over the roundabout into Rue, 50m on the left. Just under €35 including supply of tablet (and usually a treat to help it down!), just turn up they will normally fit you straight in. Vets all speak good English (strangely the receptionist doesn't/won't speak English but understands what you want) and very friendly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back