This has to be a joke ? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I should think Southampton will have to sort out fumes from the liners that dock there before they could even begin the rest!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I LOVE. all this hype over "electric" cars. How can they be "Green"? they cost MORE to manufacture, the battery life is questionable, (and the safety of some types is in doubt, ie I-phones catching fire? Boeing had Aircraft Battery fires?) the cost of recharging is in itself Polluting, The overall "Carbon Footprint", taking into consideration all the factors is as great as a "Normal" car. So where is this "Benefit"?. All they are doing is moving the "pollutants" from the street to the Industrial zones. But it is still Pollution!. Your drive for an Hour, and then sit and wait 2hours while the car "recharges"!!. Give me a good old fashioned "Gas Guzzler" any day!.

Pete

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Increase the numbers of electric cars and the proportion of polluting vehicles will diminish, so no need to ban diesels, especially mine.

Jul 31, 2016
Fife
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
I would love to be able to buy an electric vehicle, I live about 10 miles from the nearest town & 6 from a shop.
I could charge it from the solar panels that I can't afford yet, I could go into town & back for nowt, But 30 grand for the car is a little to steep.
So, I'm looking at milk floats with friendlier thoughts than I used to.
I could put seats on it & take people shopping, I could transport goods around the villages & farms.

Only downside is the amount of carnage I would create from people trying to pass me in stupid places.

Phill

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I would love to be able to buy an electric vehicle, I live about 10 miles from the nearest town & 6 from a shop.
I could charge it from the solar panels that I can't afford yet, I could go into town & back for nowt, But 30 grand for the car is a little to steep.
I could put seats on it & take people shopping, I could transport goods around the villages & farms.

Only downside is the amount of carnage I would create from people trying to pass me in stupid places.

Phill
It could be a mite chilly in the shower in a milk float, but each to his, or her own.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
IMG_0678.JPG
IMG_0677.JPG

Phill

Similar to this pair :whistle2::wink::rofl:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
"The Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) has told Birmingham, Leeds, Nottingham, Derby and Southampton to introduce clean air zones within four years to reduce pollutants, which are linked to the deaths of 40,000 people a year in the UK."

And so........WHY DO WE SPEND ALL THIS BL**DY MONEY ON CATALYTIC CONVERTERS??? :mad::mad:

All they are doing with this policy is hastening the already predicted death of the city centers. Then the stupid councils will be crying out in anguish......"We cant get business rates from closed down stores. It's all the GOVERNMENTS FAULT".........Pah.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back