Will Spain and Portugal be full of FFFrench this Winter ??? (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Due to the FFFFFrench not being able to go to Marocco cos they can't get insurance now, will there still be room ??? Think of all those toilet cassettes being emptied (everywhere).
What say you all ???
Mitch.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
they can getr insurance , not all ins companies have stopped it .
i spoke only this week to a mate in france about it . they still have it .
i,m told its only a very few that have stopped . plus border insurance is available .
but france has a growing retired m,home lot and they are growing faster than ours .
plus all the other eu countries many reire at 60 yr old with good pensions .
there was only a few years ago uk reired pensioners were few .
but now there are too many . most arent dying young . hee hee .
plus think of all the east eu pensioners . at one time they couldnt visit west eu now they can .
you could go to the east if you like cold . ha ha .

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
To be honest we were amazed at the number of french heading to Spain and Portugal earlier this year.
My gut feeling is that a large number who would normally go to the south of France and other destinations have been spooked by the atrocities carried out in France this year.
I don't want to spark any kind of argument,nobody french I know has said as much but I just get the feeling that's the case.
I drive a french reg. Camper and got waved through to return here from the Spanish border but we noticed the armed police had one or two Parisian registered cars stopped,let's just say the occupants were being checked very carefully.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We're travelling through.Spain.at.moment and have seen a lot of Spanish.reg.motorhomes. much more than the last few times.only seen 2 French vans.

Reactions: JJ

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We are in the Algarve 70% on the vans on the aire we are on are French

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
On Turiscampo and there are loads of French here coming and going, this is our third time here in 5 years around Autumn and don't recall seeing more than the odd one in the past.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
We still have Morocco as standard on our French insurance, only places not included are Kosovo..and half of Cyprus...

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Can't say about French and Portugal but I think everywhere is going to be full this year
We are at cap blanch in Altea Spain and they had the full sign out a couple of days ago

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
but france has a growing retired m,home lot and they are growing faster than ours .

Agreed obesity is a problem in France but it may take a lot of McDs to catch up with England.

But thanks for the warning about a rapidly filling Portugal, I will book my place pdq.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thought I should warn Funsters of the following...

Portugal has banned all motorhomes from stopping and/or overnighting anywhere other than on official campsites charging more than €15 per night.

The GNR are having a concerted effort to arrest anyone sleeping in their vans while not on a campsite.

The guilty campers spend the night in jail, are fined €1000 and their vehicles are crushed.

The weather forecast is for rain and freezing winds from October until March EVERY day.

Following the success of the electronic toll system fitted to the motorways, the transport department have extended it to ALL roads for foreign registered motorhomes.

Since becoming European Champions and having a Portuguese man as the Director General of the United Nations, the Portuguese people will make no effort to speak anything other than Portuguese to anybody, and have adopted an air of superiority in all matters. They picked up this attitude from years and years of dealing with holidaying Brits in the Algarve.

However, it is no longer required to wear shoes when driving.

JJ :cool:

Deleted User

Portugal has banned all motorhomes from stopping and/or overnighting anywhere other than on official campsites charging more than €15 per night.

The GNR are having a concerted effort to arrest anyone sleeping in their vans while not on a campsite.

The guilty campers spend the night in jail, are fined €1000 and their vehicles are crushed.

The weather forecast is for rain and freezing winds from October until March EVERY day.

Following the success of the electronic toll system fitted to the motorways, the transport department have extended it to ALL roads for foreign registered motorhomes.

Since becoming European Champions and having a Portuguese man as the Director General of the United Nations, the Portuguese people will make no effort to speak anything other than Portuguese to anybody, and have adopted an air of superiority in all matters. They picked up this attitude from years and years of dealing with holidaying Brits in the Algarve.

I have fallen into one Portuguese 'hole' already in the last few days (thanks @glastry:)) .....as they say 'stop digging' or once bitten and all that........must try harder JJ........( it won't be difficult):)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child

but can you fill calor bottles at the pumps .
and are aframes still allowed to be used. ?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I have never seen any French motorhomers emptying cassettes "everywhere"...

Bloody french, coming over here, taking our jobs stealing our aires !!!! it's not on I tell ya it's just not on!!!!

I have seen them emptying their cassettes everywhere @JJ whilst in an aire in Lacunau this year one even emptied down the Elsan point!!!! I mean what a cheek these French are, and another thing, the French campsites were full of bloody French!!!! the cheek of it!!! why can't they do the decent thing and leave well alone for the English..

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Bloody french, coming over here, taking our jobs stealing our aires !!!! it's not on I tell ya it's just not on!!!!

I have seen them emptying their cassettes everywhere @JJ whilst in an aire in Lacunau this year one even emptied down the Elsan point!!!! I mean what a cheek these French are, and another thing, the French campsites were full of bloody French!!!! the cheek of it!!! why can't they do the decent thing and leave well alone for the English..

...and they won't park straight, in neat lines, they park behind hedges so we can't see what they are doing!!

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Due to the FFFFFrench not being able to go to Marocco cos they can't get insurance now, will there still be room ??? Think of all those toilet cassettes being emptied (everywhere).
What say you all ???
Mitch.
I shall 'try' to be controlled and polite in my reply, but I can't promise.
Insurance if going to Morroco? No problem for those with French vehicle insurance.
As for attitude and hygine whilst motorhoming.
Over the years we've come accross folks from all nationalities who are down right rude and have some really obnoxious hygine habits regarding black and grey waste disposal.
But, You know what? . . . . . and I'm embarrassed to say so, but, in our opinion, Brits are among the worst by far.
So in answer to your question, "That say me"
All I can say is, may be the best thing for all is that you stay your side of the channel.
LOL

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Frankie's froggy funsters friends ... There you are! The whole world is kind and nice , I can't think of any other meaning!:p:whistle:;):D

Frankie

For a cultural experience, pop along to a British owned campsite in France, especially one which is recommended by ' The Caravan Club' perhaps not when they have a ' Rally ' in attendance...The Cultural Shock would be too much...:rolleyes:

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013

Wow free overnight, with a taxi do they wake you up with a full English.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Over the years we've come accross folks from all nationalities who are down right rude and have some really obnoxious hygine habits regarding black and grey waste disposal.
But, You know what? . . . . . and I'm embarrassed to say so, but, in our opinion, Brits are among the worst by far.
I know I really should get my leaking grey tank fixed so it stops empting itself all the time :D

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I shall 'try' to be controlled and polite in my reply, but I can't promise.
Insurance if going to Morroco? No problem for those with French vehicle insurance.
As for attitude and hygine whilst motorhoming.
So in answer to your question, "That say me"
All I can say is, may be the best thing for all is that you stay your side of the channel.
LOL
i do wonder how the rumour started about french insurance as every one of my mates in france have almost all round the med policies .
mind i think some countries are a bit out for m,homing these days .
i,m sure its just the increase in numbers that surprises many.
and with al the other countries now able to travel west . its really over crowded.
come along way from traveling with my parents in the 60,s . might see 10 uk m,homes possibly not .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I visited France this summer and there were loads of French vans there.

I had a splendid time...

PS. There are lots more French vans in Portugal these days... but then that goes for other nationalities too.

I noticed that too,,and lots of French cars,,strange,,:D:D BUSBY.

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
IIII really have been sucked in by the rumour about French vans not going to Morocco, I heard it was tterrorist related> just goes to show , don't listen to rumours.
Sorry about the FFFrench, I also say Ethethethspania just being daft...
BUT I HAVE been told that we could not park somewhere in Spain due to some French vans having emptied their loos beside a road, I SURE Brits et al have been just as guilty., and it was 2 years ago.
It does sound like Spain is filling up early though.
We were going to overwinter for the first time, hence my question.
I guess motorhoming is just getting more popular every year.
I'll ask again nearer to christmas.
Mitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back