Free Member
Oct 16, 2016
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 2016
Advice would be welcome we bought our 1st motorhome from marquis it a majestic165 on a 12 plate we have now got a problem with the veneers on the fronts of cupboards and draws peeling off Elddis say it's not their problem marquis say it's not their problem has any other member had this problem

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
How long ago did you buy the MH? And how long since the problem appeared?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Buying an Eldiss was your first mistake.

If it's only veneers peeling off you've got one of the better ones.

OP
OP
B

bigron55

Free Member
Oct 16, 2016
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 2016
We bought the can in Sept 16 it as had 2 owners before us with 7500mile on clock started about 6 months ago and is an on going problem

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
4 years old I guess means it's going to be out of manufacturers warranty.

Depends on what warranty the dealer offered and how long ago OP purchased it.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I suspect their gold warranty is for major faults only and notc osmetic

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there us a fairly easy fix. cover with brown paper and use a hot iron to reactivate the glue

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Have just had a similar situation with our less than a year old Challenger,took it in for first year hab check and to have the 25 snags :(fixed which included peeling veneers and catches that fell off fixed.
No problem with doing them although we haven't picked it up yet!!
However the guy doing the check kept saying"Ah well temperature"
He knows we stay in Portugal.There was the tiniest dab of glue on the remis window clips that both had fallen off and the veneer next to the fridge which I could get my fingers behind felt like it had no glue on at all.

More cutbacks and cost paring I think.
Also do they all expect us all to go to Iceland for our holidays??
Surely manufacturers understand most vans spend there time in warmer climes,but do they care?

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Advice would be welcome we bought our 1st motorhome from marquis it a majestic165 on a 12 plate we have now got a problem with the veneers on the fronts of cupboards and draws peeling off Elddis say it's not their problem marquis say it's not their problem has any other member had this problem
I know exactly what you are going through as this happend on our first new motorhome which was an Elddis 155, Elddis customer service are nothing but useless and for us the dealer which was situated in Hull were even worse. We had peeling cupboards (multiple), broken shower door, locks not working, water/waste tank not showing correct levels, decals peeling off. Cupboards above the cooker warping. The list goes on, i am afraid it just depends on how much hassle you want to go through, it may be worth just getting them done yourself but that will depend on what warranty the dealer gave you. If under any kind of warranty i would fight it but thats just me, I am now not a fan of Elddis but there are some people that dont have issues with them so they cant all be bad. What ever you do dont swap it for an Autotrail (thats another story :))

Nookie Bear

Free Member
Mar 18, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Challenger 36
Exp
Since 2005
My Wife and I have a Challenger 136 ,( 2013) made in France Bought S/H a year ago. So far no real problems . All so far has been sorted under the warranty offerd by the Supplier ( Hypocamp at Rennes ) Items fixed under waranty are The battery charger unit in the camper part went wrong and was replaced with no hassle , also I received a shock from a copper pipe when changing a gas bottle , earth strap fitted , again no charge and an apology , Both visit were made and a new car was lent to us for the day . Service very good ( makes a change from what I read about UK dealers) Yes we have a bit of the edge strips peeling on a couple of cupds , but no problem as Im a carpenter , So hot iron for a few minutes , Job done ; All in all for our first camper , Err Motorhome pleased with it .

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Now I am even more convinced that building my own campers ensures a quality that I can be proud of!

It's frightening how often I read stories like this and all because the so called professionals wish to spend money on fancy nick-knacks instead of good sound manufacturing processes.

Rod

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Now I am even more convinced that building my own campers ensures a quality that I can be proud of!

It's frightening how often I read stories like this and all because the so called professionals wish to spend money on fancy nick-knacks instead of good sound manufacturing processes.

Rod

Trouble is you’re still stuck with all the crap appliances and fittings (n)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
there us a fairly easy fix. cover with brown paper and use a hot iron to reactivate the glue

Done this many times on cheap flat pack furniture.

If you go that route you may need to buy extra glue but try without first.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Top of the range gold warranty from marquis not worth the paper
Nah...Subscribe here on fun...Will benefit the Op more in the long run:)
Wonder what the outcome was - 2 years on - would have been 'nice' if the OP had used his fifth free post to let us know, even if he didn't subscribe :rolleyes:...
Presumably not impressed that Funsters didn't have a magic wand to make all his problems disappear :whistle:

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Holy zombie.jpg thread batman !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!