Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi

I have Crystop Autosat 2S and I am on a £60 per month contract till February with Broadband Everywhere for a 6mbps connection. Pretty disappointed with the actual speed and latency. It's okay for email but no good for any kind of streaming.

Just wondered if this was normal, whether going for 10meg would be worthwhile and what experience other had.

C

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
If you do a search there are other threads somewhere on here complaining about the same thing.
I was interested in using satellite for broadband as our BT speed is rubbish in rural Suffolk.
Having read the problems others seem to have and the price they are paying I'll just stick with Bombay Telecom for now.

Richard.

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Hi

I have Crystop Autosat 2S and I am on a £60 per month contract till February with Broadband Everywhere for a 6mbps connection. Pretty disappointed with the actual speed and latency. It's okay for email but no good for any kind of streaming.

Just wondered if this was normal, whether going for 10meg would be worthwhile and what experience other had.

C
I was on the same deal and use an Oyster 85cm dish and complained a few times about the lack of speed. I moved to their £57pcm 10mbps deal with a 10gb data limit. Speed has more than doubled to around 3-5mbps so if you can cope with the data limit it's worth swapping. You can but more data if you go over 10gb but it's £5 per gb so not cheap. I understand you can change the deal once a month so I lan to go down to the very basic £12 package for the couple of months we don't use the motorhome over the winter.

Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
That's an interesting option with the 10Gb data limit. What latency do you experience - can you stream say Netflix?

We go to the US in April for 6 months so will be cancelling and then will reinstate when we get back.

Chris

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
I don't use Netflix but I can stream from my own media server and I can also watch programs from my Sky box using a Slingbox. I could do this only some of the time when I was on their Go6 package.

So far it seems a lot better but it's still early days.

Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back