Oct 16, 2016
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Total Newbie
Hi there,

I'm Iain, a motorhome newbie (so new, I haven't got one yet!!), in Birmingham.

I'm married with 3 kids and 3 dogs... which is making motorhome decision making a little tricky for us! We've travelled by road around much of France and Spain and are looking to do that again but with our own gear to give us much more flexibility, and of course, enjoy what we have near to home.

In the meantime, I apologise profusely in advance for all the (oft heard I'm sure) daft newbie questions I'll no doubt ask and I thank you in advance for your help and advice. Hopefully, it won't be long before I can give back, as well.

Until then, safe trips,

Iain

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi and welcome to Fun . We have quite a few Finsters from the Midlands look forward to your questions and hope you find a van soon x
Kind regards Kate

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. (Sedgley, to be exact)

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm married with 3 kids and 3 dogs... which is making motorhome decision making a little tricky for us!
Iain

You bet it is. 8 bodies. That needs one big MH. And depending on the size of the bodies careful consideration of weight.

You'll struggle to find 5 seatbelts.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
To add to Brian's point, it is not just the weight of the bodies but the weight of the kit you want to carry for them that will cause problems. For example bikes, outdoor seating, games etc etc all add up.

Payload is the one thing that dealers are keen not to talk about because they know that it is often not enough. Never believe what the makers say about payload - they are often works of fiction and do not allow for any accessories that they will happily sell you.

This is because most motorhomes are at or below 3500kg max weight, because above that you need a C1 licence. OK for us oldies because we got it with our car licence, but that has not been the case for a long while so you will need to check what your licence allows you to drive.

And, as Brian say, make sure you have 5 proper seatbelts.

What you want is possible but you will need to look carefully for the right motorhome and probably accept that you will not be able to carry all the things you would like to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back