Tesco clubcard vouchers for Eurotunnel (1 Viewer)

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Morning all, I'm looking at booking Eurotunnel for June and have noticed I can use tesco clubcard points, terms and conditions say have to be used within 6 months, does anyone know if that means booked or must have travelled in the 6 months?
Thanks Diane

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The Tesco vouchers themselves have an expiry date. You have to spend them i.e. book, before that date.

To use Tesco vouchers you must first convert them to Eurotunnel vouchers using the Tesco website. You will receive a voucher code from Tesco via email.

You then have to book with Eurotunnel over the phone. Mention that you are using Tesco vouchers straight away.

It is not possible to book using the vouchers using the Eurotunnel website.

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
The Tesco vouchers themselves have an expiry date. You have to spend them i.e. book, before that date.

To use Tesco vouchers you must first convert them to Eurotunnel vouchers using the Tesco website. You will receive a voucher code from Tesco via email.

You then have to book with Eurotunnel over the phone. Mention that you are using Tesco vouchers straight away.

It is not possible to book using the vouchers using the Eurotunnel website.
Thanks, that is what I thought. Does that mean you pay more than the website price then?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks, that is what I thought. Does that mean you pay more than the website price then?

No. You pay the same price.

What I usually do it have the website open when I phone so I can see the times and prices.

I've never been quoted a different price to the one on the screen.

Also if you're taking animals you can't pay for them using the vouchers. That has to be via a card.

You probably won't be able to change the exact amount in vouchers anyway. What I do is change the nearest amount I can below what I need and just pay the balance and for the dogs on a card.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We always use Tesco vouchers for our trips and have never had a problem.

Once you have entered your voucher numbers on the Tesco website you receive an e-mail with a code for the Tunnel booking. This takes a little time. In our experience the shortest time was 12 minutes and the longest just under an hour. You then ring the Eurotunnel booking line telling them at the outset that you are using Tesco vouchers.

Simple. They are very used to dealing with Tesco vouchers at Eurotunnel.

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Take a look at the crossing you want to book online first so you know the price.
Then do the tesco voucher exchange on their website to get as close as you can to the cost of the crossing. You'll get an email with the code to use when you call eurotunnel. We have always had this througn within about half an hour.
Then simply call eurotunnel to book. Always been charged the same price as online.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Take a look at the crossing you want to book online first so you know the price.
Then do the tesco voucher exchange on their website to get as close as you can to the cost of the crossing. You'll get an email with the code to use when you call eurotunnel. We have always had this througn within about half an hour.
Then simply call eurotunnel to book. Always been charged the same price as online.
I was just about to do this exact thing, but I had added in the price of the dogs, so a big thanks to @NickNic I am not going to waste vouchers. So I shall now round down the crossing fare, transfer the vouchers and pay the balance and for the dogs on my card.(y) You've got to love this site.;)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Bear in mind that if you want to use vouchers both ways you have to book it at the same time - you cannot use vouchers for the return crossing i.e. from Calais alone. It's not really a problem because it's so easy to change your return booking with no charge, although if the price has changed you may have to pay the difference (and no, don't think there's a refund if the price is less:LOL:)

Deleted User
If paying a balance, remember to use a card you will be taking with you. Nige booked ours last week and paid for the dogs with our home credit card to get points, he'd forgot, (again) we don't take that card, he should have used our other card for abroad. You have to have the card you paid with when you book in at the tunnel.

Lin :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If paying a balance, remember to use a card you will be taking with you. Nige booked ours last week and paid for the dogs with our home credit card to get points, he'd forgot, (again) we don't take that card, he should have used our other card for abroad. You have to have the card you paid with when you book in at the tunnel.

As long as you go on the crossing you have booked, you don't need a card, only if you change to a higher cost one.

Deleted User
As long as you go on the crossing you have booked, you don't need a card, only if you change to a higher cost one.
Our email confirmation says to take it, I'm sure we had to produce it last time as well, as he made same mistake last time.

"What documents do you need to bring
When you arrive at Check-In you will be asked for:

Your booking reference number
The card used for payment which must be presented by the cardholder. 'E-cards' are not accepted."

Next time I will make the booking :D

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Our email confirmation says to take it, I'm sure we had to produce it last time as well, as he made same mistake last time.

"What documents do you need to bring
When you arrive at Check-In you will be asked for:

Your booking reference number
The card used for payment which must be presented by the cardholder. 'E-cards' are not accepted."

Next time I will make the booking :D
Not suggesting you are wrong, but when we go , we just draw up to the barrier and it regonises the number plate and the crossing and booking information comes up on a computer screen , if it is right just touch the screen and it shoots your ticket out. BUT if it comes up with a suggestion for an earlier crossing at more money , then it needs the original card to pay with.

Deleted User
Not suggesting you are wrong, but when we go , we just draw up to the barrier and it regonises the number plate and the crossing and booking information comes up on a computer screen , of it is right just touch the screen and it shoots your ticket out. BUT if it comes up with a suggestion for an earlier crossing at more money , then it needs the original card to pay with.
Yes your probably right, one year we drove up 24hours early on Calais side, (Nige again) tried to get through machine having none if it, Nige going purple, I checked the email, he'd booked wrong date instead of booking us on crossing for the next day he'd picked day after he still can't explain it....it wasn't a problem he spoke with someone via the intercom and they swapped the days :D they are very flexible and accommodating.

Apr 22, 2012
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Exp
Eight wonderful years!
Re - needing to produce your credit card. Before we returned from France a couple of weeks ago, we rang to book our crossing. When we got to the check in, the vehicle was recognised but we had to insert the card with which we'd paid to "verify" it. Pretty sure we didn't have to do this when leaving UK (having booked over phone partially using Tesco vouchers).

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Re - needing to produce your credit card. Before we returned from France a couple of weeks ago, we rang to book our crossing. When we got to the check in, the vehicle was recognised but we had to insert the card with which we'd paid to "verify" it. Pretty sure we didn't have to do this when leaving UK (having booked over phone partially using Tesco vouchers).

You have to have the card with you to collect all sorts of tickets and vouchers :) We are going to Aberdeen by train next week and will be collecting tickets from the station so I must remember to take the correct card with me as it's an unmanned station where we get on.

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Very often you have to insert the card you paid with into the booking machine to get your hanger even though it has reconised your number plate.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We've never needed our card but do always take it with us as it's one of the cards we use when we're in France.

Denise

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have been four or five times a year this last four years, and never needed it yet, in fact the last few times we have been we hadn't even got it with us.
Maybe better take it next time.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We've only ever been asked for it when we've changed times and had more to pay. It does say in the T&Cs that you need it though.

Maybe they just ask for it from a few random drivers on normal check ins as an extra security measure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back