Marquez does it ! (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Marquez has won the Japanese Motogp and taken the title after Rossi and Lorenzo crash out.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
THANK YOU A LOT, A VERY LOT. I WAS LOOKING FORWARDS TO SEEING THAT A LOT.

PILLOCK.
Lighten up... we are not all that savy. ..just explain nicely how to avoid doing it again... as was done in earlier posts....whatever a spoiler is lol..
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Lighten up... we are not all that savy. ..just explain nicely how to avoid doing it again... as was done in earlier posts....whatever a spoiler is lol..
Andy

He's been here since 2011.

He'd be thrown off any bike forum for that.

How about "I say old chap, I really would appreciate it if you did not ruin my day in future by publishing the results of a very very important race before I have a chance to see it. Golly good, thank you".

PILLOCK is what I said. And should this cause my sudden exit, so be it, this place has suddenly got very unattractive. Bike racing is important, FUN just a way to lose some boring minutes.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
How does that help the headline ?
You could/would/should use a post title like Moto GP and the result in the spoiler.

I was only putting the example to help Andy63 as he asked, I was going to avoid joining in throwing stones at the OP for his "slight transgression" and it's only a few months since the last uproar at this happening.

Martin

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thank you Bigtree for screwing up the rest of my Sunday. Just downloading the race to watch later and I caught the very obvious title of this thread.

Some people just don't have the brains they were born with! :mad:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
@andy63 Hi

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

EDIT ok that worked have a play.

Martin

thanks martin , as usual your very helpful... i will have a look at some point..

He's been here since 2011.

He'd be thrown off any bike forum for that.

How about "I say old chap, I really would appreciate it if you did not ruin my day in future by publishing the results of a very very important race before I have a chance to see it. Golly good, thank you".

PILLOCK is what I said. And should this cause my sudden exit, so be it, this place has suddenly got very unattractive. Bike racing is important, FUN just a way to lose some boring minutes.

sorry brian, not wanting to get into an argument... maybe posted in haste, but was just my initial thoughts on reading your post after seeing earlier posts who I'm sure were equally disappointed...
I've seen it happen a few times .. I'm sure the op just wasn't thinking, and I'm sure it will happen again...
andy

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Some people just don't have the brains they were born with!
I've started, so ill continue till i get bored lol, unless you know the op did it intentionally then can't see why you would say that, a bummer but worse things happen..
andy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
[QUOTE="andy63, post: 2057288, member: 29767"
sorry brian, not wanting to get into an argument..
andy[/QUOTE]

Neither was I today. Just waiting for wife to get back from Church when we were both going to enjoy the racing as we did yesterday watching BSB and WSB neither of which are as important as MotoGP. Now that has all gone.

Watching MotoGP is one of the most important things in our lives. Last year we drove to two of them. This year I rode to one of them.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
andy

Neither was I today. Just waiting for wife to get back from Church when we were both going to enjoy the racing as we did yesterday watching BSB and WSB neither of which are as important as MotoGP. Now that has all gone.

Watching MotoGP is one of the most important things in our lives. Last year we drove to two of them. This year I rode to one of them.[/QUOTE]

obviously i can't relate to the motorcycling, but i know its happened to me with some rugby which i enjoy watching... if I've been told the result i often don't bother watching it...
anyways... make sure you don't tell your wife, and spoil it for her...:)
andy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thank god I'd already watched it before I logged on here I'd have gone bloody mental if I'd seen that and spoiled one of the biggest events of the year. :swear2::swear2::swear2:
Like Brian I ride all over Europe to watch the racing done 4 since last November.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
How long does it take for people to get it!

Grr!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm sure it was a genuine post and the op didn't post to intentionally upset anyone, I know nothing about MotoGP apart from its motorbikes but if it's that important could you not have watched it live.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I'm sure it was a genuine post and the op didn't post to intentionally upset anyone, I know nothing about MotoGP apart from its motorbikes but if it's that important could you not have watched it live.

Yes, but it was silly o'clock in the morning - it was from Japan.

The practice of not giving results (whatever the sport) on fora is widely understood.

By all means start a post for discussion but don't put the result in the title.

Ian

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I've started, so ill continue till i get bored lol, unless you know the op did it intentionally then can't see why you would say that, a bummer but worse things happen..
andy

I'm equally sure it wasn't intentional. Just proves my point that it was utterly thoughtless. Or just plain brainless - the effect is the same regardless.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I'm equally sure it wasn't intentional. Just proves my point that it was utterly thoughtless. Or just plain brainless - the effect is the same regardless.

then try and put yourself in their position...a mistake made causing undoubted disappointment to some, and having to read rather derogatory comments about it..
I'm sure they regret it, and would say sorry , but not after been called a pillock and brainless..
thats my final word...
andy

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Yes, but it was silly o'clock in the morning - it was from Japan.

The practice of not giving results (whatever the sport) on fora is widely understood.

By all means start a post for discussion but don't put the result in the title.

Ian

So it wasn't really as important as folk say then, if it was they'd have watched it live.

I totally understand your point about posting results especially in the post heading I just think some have gone over the top with how important it is.

I'm a golf fan for my sins and also like to watch the Olympics, due to a lot being the other side of the world I will either sit up and watch it or stay off the internet completely until I've seen it.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
It was 6 'o clock in the morning,not silly o clock.I couldn't sleep so watched a live stream in bed here at Peniscola.Should I bother telling you about some good roads i rode later around here ??????????????????

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
andy

Last year we drove to two of them.

Is that all,I went to 5 in Europe in my first year with the van,think I clocked up more than 15,000 miles.

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
So, as a fan and a rider yourself, you know what it means to other real fans of MotoGP and you have no excuse not thinking about them.

I don't have live stream available nor live TV coverage. Others may have had other reasons why they couldn't watch it live.

After all that, no apology. Presumably because you're upset about being called a brainless pillock. Well deserved, I'd say.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
This thread is hilarious.

Does anyone know the result from the 1966 game?

Or is it too early to say?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back