Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
After reading a thread on here about EBL problems....

I decided to try and familiarise myself with my Moho EBL setup...

Apparently its a Schaudt EBL251... installed under passenger seat on a 2014/5 Knaus A class.

From new (April 15) I had a Growler and 100w solar fitted via Vanbitz.

Now whilst reading the instruction manual for the EBL.. I have come across something plugged into Block 2 - which as far as the manual goes is a socket for a solar regulator...

However, Vanbitz have fitted a separate regulator in the cupboard immediately below the panel ( Victron MPPT75/15...)

I seem to recall them saying I got a free battery master with the install also...

Anyway .... the EBL block2 has this black box plugged into it... it has a single LED light on - currently green

Any clues as to it's function?..
IMG_2771.JPG

Cheers
John T

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It is the battery master, it will be connected between the solar regulator and the ELB solar input for the starter battery. The unit switches on when the hab batteries are above 13.6v and trickle charges the starter battery. Is is a trick used when using a solar regulator with a single output.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
It is the battery master, it will be connected between the solar regulator and the ELB solar input for the starter battery. The unit switches on when the hab batteries are above 13.6v and trickle charges the starter battery. Is is a trick used when using a solar regulator with a single output.
Yes its the battery master that will show a red light when transferring a charge from the leisure bat(s). I fitted mine as instructed between the leisures and starter batteries. However mine does not transfer any charge until the starter battery drops to around 11v. Is mine duff?
Need @eddievanbitz to comment on this.

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
It is a trick used when using a solar regulator with a single output.

I'm sure I read that the MTTP installed has "gubbins" inside to dual charge - like eg 70/30 - Hab and Starter regardless... and can be user altered via an interface lead or via Wifi ... if one "feels the need"...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Yes its the battery master that will show a red light when transferring a charge from the leisure bat(s). I fitted mine as instructed between the leisures and starter batteries. However mine does not transfer any charge until the starter battery drops to around 11v. Is mine duff?
Need @eddievanbitz to comment on this.
11volts is flat

It transfers when there is a voltage differential of 0.75VDC

what is the voltage on the red wire when the engine battery is say 12VDC

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
11volts is flat

It transfers when there is a voltage differential of 0.75VDC

what is the voltage on the red wire when the engine battery is say 12VDC
Vehicle bat was reading 11.4v and got 13.1v on red lead (leisure bats) with fuse removed and hey presto stuck fuse back in and got the red transfer light so its down to bad connections on the single arm blade holder connectors supplied with the battery master. Have now replaced them with more adequate fuse holders. Now starter bat over 12v and leisures 13v. So bat master now back to green light and being allowed to do its job.
Thanks to OP for posting this thread and Eddie for informing.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The Battery Master doesn't need external or additional fusing, so long as the original wires are not extended as the Battery Master has automatically resetting internal fuses.

The "single arm blade holder" should only be used with the supplied shrouded blade, which keeps the connection secure, a blade fuse shouldn't be plugged into the splice

Soldering is obviously better

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back