When will this end (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
When some government has the balls to stand up to the dog lobby and bring in legislation, with effective enforcement.

Also educate people to understand that all dogs are potentially dangerous. Parents of young children attacked in homes are guilty of child abuse - no excuses.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
It's sad to read about dog attacks on children in the home, but when you read what the adult/parent says, they have nearly always left the dog and child unsupervised in another room.
I worked GSDs and Labs for 30 years, and my GSDs were attack trained at no time did I leave them alone with my 3 kids, and in that time I have never had an incident,
A lot of the problem is untrained parents/adults

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Trouble is a lot of peaple have certain breeds of dogs as a ...look at me I am hard. A dog is a dog any breed can turn. Yes there are certain breeds that are worse.The owners need to be charged for things like this.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I have just become a dog owner, adopting a retired greyhound... and she's as soft and gentle as they come :)...
BUT
Everything I read in my research & preparation for her arrival emphasised that although Greys are good with kids, you should never ever leave dog & child together unsupervised - even if the dog is crated.
A tragedy, for which the dog has paid with its life, but down to the sheer stupidity of the adults in that house :mad:.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I have just become a dog owner, adopting a retired greyhound... and she's as soft and gentle as they come :)...
BUT
Everything I read in my research & preparation for her arrival emphasised that although Greys are good with kids, you should never ever leave dog & child together unsupervised - even if the dog is crated.
A tragedy, for which the dog has paid with its life, but down to the sheer stupidity of the adults in that house :mad:.

Sheer stupidity? No, criminal neglect if not manslaughter.

The parents had total responsibility for that child - no excuses - guilty. No amount of tears or regrets will make up for their crime.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
BUT

A tragedy for which the dog has paid with its life?
No mention of the dead baby.
Incredible!

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We live in a very sick society where animals are treat better than humans . I despair at what is happening to our world.
Looking at some of the things humans are doing in this world animals deserve to be treated better than some humans. It does annoy when scum are described as behaving like animals. Animals would never behave as bad as humans do in some cases.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
O
Looking at some of the things humans are doing in this world animals deserve to be treated better than some humans. It does annoy when scum are described as behaving like animals. Animals would never behave as bad as humans do in some cases.
Of course There are exceptions but i will always put human life above ANY ANIMAL....

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I feel uneasy when I see clips on Youtube of babies/toddlers with dogs - cute - maybe, dangerous - certainly, but the images give the impression that 'it's alright' - it isn't for the child
(or the dog)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The time will come in the not too distant future when the choice of starving or eating your pet animal will be a stark reality. So animals or humans is the choice as I see it.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The time will come in the not too distant future when the choice of starving or eating your pet animal will be a stark reality. So animals or humans is the choice as I see it.
Well, I have met some people who I would 'put down' before I would ever think of doing the same to say a dog.
I once met a guy who had blown up and killed a woman and three kids. I would gladly have killed him. :) And as for eating someone, well, a nice juicy human arm, cooked in an oven, and served with a tasty gravy, spuds and a few peas, would suit me better then say a cats leg. (y)(y)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

Is this another doom and gloom Brexit prediction?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
No mention of the baby, just the dog.
Did you not notice the commas, indicating the "tragedy" is what the dog paid for with it's life?
Thus "the tragedy" must refer to the baby (and, as the word is not limited, to the other child with life changing injuries).
In case you're still confused;
Definition of "tragedy"
: a very bad event that causes great sadness and often involves someone's death
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tragedy

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Did you not notice the commas, indicating the "tragedy" is what the dog paid for with it's life?
Thus "the tragedy" must refer to the baby (and, as the word is not limited, to the other child with life changing injuries).
In case you're still confused;
Definition of "tragedy"
: a very bad event that causes great sadness and often involves someone's death
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tragedy

The only tragedy you referred to directly or otherwise was the death of the dog.
Thus"the tragedy" refers to the death of the dog alone.
I have no doubt you didn't put the life of the dog as the sole downside, it's just that it read that way.
Proof read before posting?

A child's killing is a tragedy, a dog being put down as a consequence of the child's death isn't.

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
If that's what you meant you could have said so, whereas commas or no commas you didn't, no mention of the baby.
I have no doubt you didn't put the life of the dog as the sole downside, it's just that it read that way.
Proof read before posting?

A child's killing is a tragedy, a dog being put down as a consequence of the child's death isn't.
I give up :rolleyes:
Only you seem to have read my post in this way.
My post was clear.
I'm not responsible for any lack of comprehension.
...and I'm out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back