mercianman

Free Member
Mar 4, 2016
Newport Pagnell
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
We've had our motorhome for a few months now, but inside it still feels like a rental van. What does everyone else do to personalise their vans?

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Took the rental stickers off :LOL:, (sorry ) soft furnishings always do the trick,we paint, so a couple of our watercolours adorn the panels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As soon as we get a new ( to us ) mh, we change all sorts of stuff.. from where the telly is to the upholstery ( usualkly just 'throws' but sometimes revamped ).. Mirrors added or moved, extra power points and USB points.. The list only ends when we sell the van and then starts again with its replacement !

Jun 14, 2011
Grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
7 years
Get postcards from places you have been in your MH this will remind you of the good times you have had, stick to walls with blutac. During recent 3 month trip round Europe it proved invaluable to remind us where we had been we also plotted approx route taken/places visited on a road map. Dont worry it will soon become 'yours'.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Mini bunting and a family cushion given to us by our youngest!
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Deleted User
Removable no nails strips, brilliant hang up to 2kg per strip. Use them for hooks, pictures, posters, fridge magnets. I go mad in ours, then again we also have no problem removing fixtures and replacing with customised stuff either.
The no nails removable ( make sure you pick the correct ones, yellow) strips are invaluable always carry them. My current favourite collection is the retro/vintage tin signs you can get, I use the strips to stick them everywhere.
I have just purchased some vinyl roll stuff which I'm hopefully going to put over a few cupboard too, like our customised table below.
WP_20161010_14_18_37_Pro.jpg

Lin :)
WP_20161010_14_18_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20161010_14_18_47_Pro.jpg

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Don't vacuum or dust.
Don't clean the oven or grill.
Don't clean the shower or bathroom.
Leave underwear and socks all over the floor.
Don't clean the windows.
Leave a tap dripping.
Let your son use the toilet after a night out and a curry.

Soon seems like home. :Eeek:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We've had our motorhome for a few months now, but inside it still feels like a rental van. What does everyone else do to personalise their vans?

The best way I could describe what we have done, earlier in the year our van was featured on You Tube, if you simply type Carol and Eddie in you tube you will see what we have done to make ours personal. :)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We got pictures up, things hanging up etc. Would love to get it reupholstered but no pennies for that at the moment. It's ours not worried about when we sell it. You wouldnot live in your house with out decorating it in case you moved.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Not much to be honest, apart from functional modifications to suit how we use it. Home is home - the MH is just a spare room on wheels. There's not much space for hanging the Rembrandts and the Canalettos anyway due to all the lockers, and the Michaelangelo statues kept toppling over on mini roundabouts so we left them in the garden shed.

Deleted User
Hmm, I definitely think that Mrs Mercianman would love a winerack. Has anyone built one which keeps bottles steady whilst driving?
When @Terry did our new cupboards the spec was for it to be tall enough for wine bottles, and he certainly delivered.
Lin :)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We just use it a lot so it becomes our second home (y)

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
the Elddis has built-in wine rack (our bottles sit on their sides as they should of course!) but it only takes 4 bottles so the rest have to go under the seats where other non-essentials (duvets, clean sheets, boots and chairs) used to be.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back