Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Not sure if I have posted this in the right section, anyway, I am about to get a newer motorhome with a large garage. Does any know or recommend anyone who kits out the garage area area for a scooter. There is lots of space in mine but I want to have the ability to get the scooter in and out on a ramp and then have it securely kept in place. I am not after a do it yourself approach, my DIY is rubbish, rather a taylor made solution.

Any recommendations are very welcome.
Regards Jamie

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Fiamma do a system for a scooter for about £500.

It comprises a metal channel (height adjustable), bolted to the floor with a slide out ramp beneath. Also, you can buy a front wheel retainer which fits on the end of the channel section. This is handy for keeping the scooter upright while you strap it down.

I use a strap system which connects to the handlebar, available at most motorbike shops. The strap from the handlebar connects to the cargo rails either side of the garage using ratchet straps.

I haven't used the Fiamma system but used the idea to make something similar out of wood and purchased a separate metal ramp.

Perhaps someone on here has used the Fiamma system and can comment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Have a look at the Kontiki 679.

Load a Honda 125 PCX into the garage using Fiamma Carry moto rack