Layout help neeeded (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2008
Funster No
I'm busy searching for a new van with a specific type layout.

6 berth
rear u lounge
central kitchen and bathroom,
sitting area/ beds at front
luton/ pull down cab bed

I've seen an Euro mobil A770 which fits the spec very well but just want to see what other options I may have. Max budget of 25k so its going to need to be an older van.

Any help n pointers very much appreciated :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sounds like me Apache 700 :) but not at that budget, mine is a 2012 up at £37k ish..
(See the fun classifieds)

Similar vans are.
Autotrail apache 700
Autotrail Scout
Sundance 630L
Eldiss 180 (i think)

There are others i will try and think of a few....

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Twinkletoes,

You're not going to beat the quality of a Eura Mobil in all honesty, you get a lot of van for your money.

They're fully winterised and will provide a good payload; something to consider if there's 6 of you on travles.

Other options to consider are Frankia and Dethleffs and I think Auto Roller offer a rear lounge variant. You might struggle to find decent examples of the first two within budget though.

Good luck with the search.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
twinkletoes
Sep 2, 2008
Funster No
Hi Twinkletoes,

You're not going to beat the quality of a Eura Mobil in all honesty, you get a lot of van for your money.

They're fully winterised and will provide a good payload; something to consider if there's 6 of you on travles.

Other options to consider are Frankia and Dethleffs and I think Auto Roller offer a rear lounge variant. You might struggle to find decent examples of the first two within budget though.

Good luck with the search.

Andy
oh, I hadn't realised they are winterised, that's a big bonus :) Yep, the payload is a big consideration

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I agree with the Euramobil vote.
At around 25k you'll struggle to get better quality and value for money than with a Eura.
I can see a few 770HS for sale on Autotrader, so you're lucky enough to have choice.
I'd be inclined to view all of them and go from there....(good scope to haggle and get the best van)

Here's a slightly shorter 690HS for sale (good buy if it's tidy). Think the rear lounge is where you lose the length.
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed.....not sure if it's still for sale though.
Also a lovely vehicle for the money

And lastly.....Broken Link Removed.
Build quality far lower than the others as it's a 'Classic' ie Hymer budget range. Lightweight cabinets, lower spec bathroom, no alko chassis etc

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I don't know if it matters BUT number of belted seats doesn't always match the number of berths?

Martin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just make sure you get a full damp check carried out - Eddie, a former Funster (Judge Mental - RIP), had a Euromobil and when he traded it in at around 4 years old the dealer he was px-ing with found a load of damp in the rear of it - Eddie was totally unaware of the problem however fortunately it was covered under the water ingress warranty so the px wasn't affected but it does show that even a seasoned MHer can be unaware of damp.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Just make sure you get a full damp check carried out - Eddie, a former Funster (Judge Mental - RIP), had a Euromobil and when he traded it in at around 4 years old the dealer he was px-ing with found a load of damp in the rear of it - Eddie was totally unaware of the problem however fortunately it was covered under the water ingress warranty so the px wasn't affected but it does show that even a seasoned MHer can be unaware of damp.
Wasn't that an issue specifically related to the Profila range, rather than Euramobil in general ?
You do of course make a valid point about checking for damp - has to be done !

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Wasn't that an issue specifically related to the Profila range, rather than Euramobil in general ?
You do of course make a valid point about checking for damp - has to be done !
Not sure and can't ask Eddie which model he had, but it was a bit of a shock for him at the time as he had no idea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back