Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
My app seems to have frozen on opening page, cant enter. Checked website and tried downloading, says installed.
Any help appreciated.
ps Android phone

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Re start phone (not just turn off)

If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall Campercontact

OP
OP
jtp890

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Really green, how do you uninstall, tried swiping but not clearing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Really green, how do you uninstall, tried swiping but not clearing

IMG_5590.PNG

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Once you have removed it, replace it with park4night, far more sites and free to boot, you won't regret it(y):)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
It does take a long time to load, often thought it had crashed.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ours loads on our iPhone in a few seconds - 5 or 6 at the most
I wonder if it checks for internet connection when looking ?

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Ours loads on our iPhone in a few seconds - 5 or 6 at the most
I wonder if it checks for internet connection when looking ?
Possibly, always asks if I want to update on opening too.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Possibly, always asks if I want to update on opening too.
Ours never does that - certainly worth un installing and re installing

Edit: has your subscription expired?
Only lasts a year apparently

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Genuine question this, why are most people on here dedicated to an app that you have to pay for that obviously doesn't work as well as another that is free.(n)

Reactions: LAM

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Once you have removed it, replace it with park4night, far more sites and free to boot, you won't regret it(y):)

Genuine question this, why are most people on here dedicated to an app that you have to pay for that obviously doesn't work as well as another that is free.(n)

Its best to have both as we have found ... the Camper Contact ones are usually up to date however in these last couple of days we've found quite a few of the P4N aren't accessible anymore. Just yesterday two of the P4N ones were no longer usable as they had 'no MH' signs being displayed on the roads leading to them, and that's since reviewers were then in July, we also found 'no MH' signs or height barriers on others too and some are in places where you would definitely be at risk of being moved on, ie in areas where NO vehicles are allowed! You may get away with it in a little rising roof camper van but not in a high top PVC or coachbuilt.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Love the way Campercontact works with Sygic
Agree - we use Sygic too as our sat nav on our table in preference to Tom Tom now but it does have some funny ideas about 'economic' routes at times!!!!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Park4night will work with whatever satnav app you have on your device, we use "here maps" works seamlessly.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My Park4Night seems to be in French, have I installed wrong app or can I change it in a setting ?
Depends who uploaded the site, it's in all languages and most can be translated.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
The pro version is better as you can use it offline. Nowhere near as good as Camper Contact IMO. For one, the reviews in park4night cannot be translated into English, unlike Camper Contact.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
My Park4Night seems to be in French, have I installed wrong app or can I change it in a setting ?
You can select English. But it does not translate any of the French reviews which is a real bumer. You cant even copy and paste them into a translator. I sent a request to their customer services and they said they would take into account and correct on their next upgrade..........Right!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You can select English. But it does not translate any of the French reviews which is a real bumer. You cant even copy and paste them into a translator. I sent a request to their customer services and they said they would take into account and correct on their next upgrade..........Right!
The guy who owns it is a member on here, surprised he doesn't come on more often, think he's Dutch.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

What's free or not got to do with anything?

I look for what works best, whether or not I have to pay for it is irrelevant.

For me what works best is Camper Contact. I think it's far superior to P4N

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
People pay a tad extra for the App so they can use it off line after downloading maps. You can't do this with the free version.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back