• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED iBoost Pro D8 Directional System (1 Viewer)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
think i'm gonna take the plunge and buy the iBoost Pro D8 Directional System , but i just though i would check here 1st to see if anyone was selling one, so i could save some dosh :)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Motorhome WiFi.....they have them.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Hmmmm, since fitting mifi to my MH I'm in two minds whether to sell my iboost pro complete with case that I purchased earlier in the summer.

If interested, best to pm me with your best offer and see if I can be tempted to sell?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I was thinking of selling mine as well as I haven't had a lot of joy using it. It will only pick up on a clear line of sight about 50 yards from the source.
I'm going to try again on my trip away to Spain from Wednesday once more. After that if no joy it will be for sale.
I was informed it could pick up around a kilometre away.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I was thinking of selling mine as well as I haven't had a lot of joy using it. It will only pick up on a clear line of sight about 50 yards from the source.
I'm going to try again on my trip away to Spain from Wednesday once more. After that if no joy it will be for sale.
I would give it another try , failing that try mounting it onto a pole rather than just on the side of the MH to give it more height.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Having seen other people use them and experience with my own clone if you are trying to connect to a typical home router which is inside a building then anything more than a couple of hundred yards is a bonus.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

I would suggest you're possibly doing something wrong.

I have the omni rather than the directional so in theory have less range. When I tested it outside my house I picked up about 30 networks.

As John says the type of network you're trying to connect to also makes a difference. A standard home router has a very weak output signal as it's not supposed to broadcast over a large area whereas a proper public access point will be much stronger.

The other thing I've found is that there are far far fewer available networks on the continent than there are in the UK. We haven't had a great deal of success with it in France or Italy. In the UK however it works very well.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Surely it would work out cheaper and better to get a MIFI and a 3 data sim ... ????

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I use both but take free WiFi when it's available. 3 mifi works incredibly well but a long period away in the MH can still put the data allowance under strain.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Surely it would work out cheaper and better to get a MIFI and a 3 data sim ... ????

Snap!
I have an iBoost and have had very little success using it. I now use Mifi and have internet almost everywhere.
I already have the Mifi unit and the 3 12gb sim cards ,, just wanted to have something to use if a free option is available.. free is always good :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I already have the Mifi unit and the 3 12gb sim cards ,, just wanted to have something to use if a free option is available.. free is always good :)
Sure is, so long as you don't have to fork out a load of dosh for an antenna etc to receive it ... :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
I would give it another try , failing that try mounting it onto a pole rather than just on the side of the MH to give it more height.
But do bear in mind that height is not always the answer. There have been occasions when I have had to mount mine low down in order to achieve line of sight beneath tree branches/foliage.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
For the benefit of people who don't know any better a Mifi device, no matter what network it's on, is not by any means a replacement for a proper Wifi/broadband connection.

They are not the same thing at all.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
For the benefit of people who don't know any better a Mifi device, no matter what network it's on, is not by any means a replacement for a proper Wifi/broadband connection.

They are not the same thing at all.
True ... but I don't think I'd be able to get a cable long enough to link to my home set-up so I can use it whilst on holiday abroad! :D

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
True ... but I don't think I'd be able to get a cable long enough to link to my home set-up so I can use it whilst on holiday abroad! :D

Pah. Who needs cables? You're not trying hard enough :D

D

DM44

Deleted User
Bart if you are still looking we have one we do not use. £80 and I will pay p and p

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If Bart doesn't take it we will.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
That's what I've done now.
I'll keep trying though. It worked when we went to the site last winter we are going to use this winter in Benidorm

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
That's what I've done now.
I'll keep trying though. It worked when we went to the site last winter we are going to use this winter in Benidorm
I now have both systems , if i find i don't get much use from the wifi then ii'll re sell it,, as its a good bit of kit and obviously works well for some people.. i think its area dependant & where its located as well

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I have both a Mifi and Iboost. I use the iboost mainly at home for watching the odd movie, updates on laptop etc. Bought the iboost last year and its well paid for itself. Saved me line rental at home every month.:D

Turned my Mifi on last week while we were away and 3G was gone in a matter of hrs. Unbeknown to me both mine and Alan laptops done updates.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I have both a Mifi and Iboost. I use the iboost mainly at home for watching the odd movie, updates on laptop etc. Bought the iboost last year and its well paid for itself. Saved me line rental at home every month.:D

Turned my Mifi on last week while we were away and 3G was gone in a matter of hrs. Unbeknown to me both mine and Alan laptops done updates.
Ouch!! hate it when that happens , strange enough i said to the wife yesterday we will have to make sure we get all our tech stuff has their updates done before i get the internet disconnected next week, as would hate them to then update on the MiFi ..lol..not

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You should simply set you kit to update only when connected to wifi

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You should simply set you kit to update only when connected to wifi
Yep. It got changed after the horse had bolted. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back