Tripadvisor.com (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Well I've bitten the bullet and bought my first motorhome now comes the fun - getting it our there on the road!
Can any of the seasoned forumites suggest a few websites I can use to look for suitable sites or is joining the caravan club the most sensible way to go .
I suppose what I'm really looking for is the Motorhome equivalent of Tripadvisor.com but does it exist .

Thanks in advance

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
is joining the caravan club the most sensible way to go
Thanks in advance

CC or C&CC might not be "sensible" but for getting going it's an easy option. Assuming you interests are mainly in the UK. It's some of the most expensive camping but usually a decent standard, if you can get in.

Otherwise if I want to visit an area I just google "camping Amsterdam" and usually a few hits come up.

Or just ask here - where would you like to visit tomorrow ?

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We have found the cc&c ok but we dont use it to find camp sites.

There are loads of web sites that will give you all the low down on camp sites.

Just gool "touring parks" and the name of the area that you wish to visit and you will find loads.

As an alternative as Brian said ask on here for reccomended sites. Just tell everyone where you want to go.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
[As said earlier wouldn't bother with any of the clubs , unless you into Rally's .
Take a look at these sites Camping en france. Annuaire officiel des 11000 campings. Guide Officiel Camping Caravaning
motorhomingfrance.co.uk
www.ukcampsite.co.uk:thumb:

Upvote 0

silverbike

Free Member
May 13, 2008
Funster No
The club sites are good for giving you the small certificated sites with minimal facilities (and charges), if that's your style. We use the C&CC sites, mostly off-season.
UK camping (see above) is good for sites and reviews.

Upvote 0

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi welcome to the m/h forum, go on the net caravan and camping parks you will have your pick' where ever you wish to go ? another option is to contact the tourist lnformation board in the areas they cover, (let them now you are looking for sites to stay at) they will send out all the information on the various sites and places of interest to visit, also let you now market days etc good luck to you for the future Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
We purchased out Motorhome in June, and in July we went to Scotland in it staying on a 'Commercial' site.

As we had joined both the Major Clubs we thought we would try one of the regional meets or rallies. So far we have been on about 6 weekend meets and found them great value. We have paid between £5 and £7 a night. Generally it is like wild camping in that you are in a field with no electricity or toilet blocks etc. Sometimes there are event planned, other times it's up to you to make your own entertainment.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back