recommendation for service needed for our van. (1 Viewer)

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Hiya folks. The MOT is due on our van and we had a huge service bill last year as we had it serviced at the same time. Going to get the MOT done on its own now and then see what we need to have checked this year. Not mechanically minded at all so dont [shamefully] even do own oil changes...Can anyone tell me what we need to do when re servicing the van? Dont want to have a problem on the road but dont want to pay to have work done if not needed .
It is a Hymer 56 plate on Fiat chassis- we have had brakes re done last year and had cambelt changed 2 years ago ; current milage 35,800 and have [touch wood]never had a problem apart from brakes squealing last year.
We live in Stratford on Avon- any recommendations for good garage that wont rip us off? Many thanks

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hiya folks. The MOT is due on our van and we had a huge service bill last year as we had it serviced at the same time. Going to get the MOT done on its own now and then see what we need to have checked this year. Not mechanically minded at all so dont [shamefully] even do own oil changes...Can anyone tell me what we need to do when re servicing the van? Dont want to have a problem on the road but dont want to pay to have work done if not needed .
It is a Hymer 56 plate on Fiat chassis- we have had brakes re done last year and had cambelt changed 2 years ago ; current milage 35,800 and have [touch wood]never had a problem apart from brakes squealing last year.
We live in Stratford on Avon- any recommendations for good garage that wont rip us off? Many thanks
I know others will come on and say the opposite but if you have had your brakes and oil service , and cambelt last year , technically you don't need anything at 35000 , if it was me I would get it tested and see if there is anything wrong and leave it at that, maybe change oil and filter if you want to , but mileage wise even that's not vital.

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you!! Trying to save £. But don't want to economise falsely xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
It depends on how many miles you have done since last oil change.

Very low or very high I would consider a oil and filter change but else nothing should need to be done.

Not sure on 2006 fiats but modern ones don't need much servicing at all.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
On first buying a Fiat ducato we were advised to at least change the oil every year personally found this to be good advice as never had a problem with them otherwise.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back