Wilding it in Southend on Sea (1 Viewer)

Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
10 years m/h, plus 15 years caravan......
I have, not so long ago, moved from Southend on Sea to Lowestoft, I am going back to Southend for a few days as I have some events to go to, I have been told I can stay on one of the club car parks over night, but will need to find somewhere to wildcamp for 3 nights if they do not let me stay there any more than the 1 night. Don't really want to go to two tree island (dogging site), so any other suggestions would be great. Thanks

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
If you're up for it, there's some good street parking in Thorpe Bay, close to the tennis courts. Often see MHs overnighting there.
Also, not wilding but there are a couple of CLs close by.
Have also seen MHs overnighting in Asda car park, presumably sanctioned by Asda.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deg3y
Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
If you're up for it, there's some good street parking in Leigh, close to the tennis courts. Often see MHs overnighting there.
Also, not wilding but there are a couple of CLs close by.
Have also seen MHs overnighting in Asda car park, presumably sanctioned by Asda.
Thanks, but where are the tennis courts in Leigh, the only ones I can think of are off Chalkwell Ave. & the only CL I can think of is Keddies, but rather expensive.....
Thanks again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Deg3y
Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Ah you must mean by Uncle Toms Cabin, the car park closes at duck but there are parking bays on the road. May well check it out, but could be a bit too near Shoebury for me.....

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Opposite the shore house harvester. Parking on main road bays, but unrestricted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Ah you must mean by Uncle Toms Cabin, the car park closes at duck but there are parking bays on the road. May well check it out, but could be a bit too near Shoebury for me.....

No, not that far up. Back 300 metres towards the Kursaal, tennis courts / bowling? on the right immediately before the mini roundabout. I've often seen MHs parking in the road that runs parallel to the sea.

Somewhere along this road 51.52912, 0.75815

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deg3y
Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Hi, I know where you mean, I have often seen a couple of MH there when I lived & worked in thee area, but with for sale signs on them, could be worth a look if nothing else comes up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back