Internal Rear View Mirror - X290 (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
I inadvertently knocked off the internal rear view mirror with my head.....:Eeek: Any body know how to remount it. I have tried everything to reseat it with no joy.

TIA

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Only advice I can give I'm afraid, but at least it covers a duel purpose, it'll protect your head and eliminate the need to fix the mirror on again:)
IMG_2844.JPG
IMG_2842.JPG

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Can you actually see through your MH? We can't on ours as it has a solid back. Use your door mirrors - they probably give a better view anyway.

Denise

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I don't have one, WildAx removed it before converting the van. I bought a cheap suction one which kept falling off and now after 4 years I don't miss it at all... the door mirrors are quite sufficient.

However it must be possible as when I had a new windscreen in my old van, Autoglass stuck one on the new glass.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I have used sticky double sided pads before on an old Ford worked ok got them from a dealer about £3 but windscreen must be cleaned with meths first.;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
elamessa
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Can you actually see through your MH? We can't on ours as it has a solid back. Use your door mirrors - they probably give a better view anyway.

Denise
I use the rear view mirror to check that things like the fridge/bathroom doors are still closed especially when you here the odd bang when travelling on some of the dubious road surfaces...Not for seeing whats behind me... but thanks for your helpful comment(n)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If you mean how do you force it onto the ball - then it is with some difficulty. Put the mirror somewhere warm for an hour or two then polish the ball and socket with silicon. Using tremendous force push the mirror head back onto the ball

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
If you haven't fixed it yet, pull the black plastic cover off, it is fixed by push fit plugs, this will reveal the internal gubbins, offer the ball of the mirror arm to the socket in the box on the windscreen and twist, turn and push up, it's very tight an may take a few goes but it does go in It happened to me, luckily I was in Glossop caravans when it happened and a guy from their workshop showed me but couldn't do it, but after watching what he did, I tried and succeeded later that evening.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
OOPS old thread

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun