Rally 10 Days at Stratford 2017 (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim created a new event:

10 Days at Stratford 2017

The Motorhome Show is on Friday 16th – Sunday 18th June.

The camping starts from Monday 12th June through to Thursday 22nd June. The camping is for 10 nights at a charge of £10 per night minimum of 2 nights. The cost includes free entry to the show, 4 nights evening entertainment and free entry to the horse racing meet which is on Tuesday 20th June. We have a private room booked for this meet as in 2016.

To book this event..
  1. Broken Link Removedand tell them you want to rally with Motorhome Fun
  2. Fill out this form for our Rally Marshals
  3. Post in this thread and tell us you are coming

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I asked about an early booking Funster discount and just got the answer (y)

Hi Jim
We are doing an early booking discount of 10% for all our shows if they book before 1st January 2017. If they book on line and put in Discount Code MC17 then this will activate the discount.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@Jim
Sorry if this is in wrong place etc, and if its a dumb noob question;
As I understand it Stratford (& Chester) pitches are in the middle of the racecourse.
Presumably you can get your van in & out during the 10 days? You're not locked in so to speak?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
@Jim
As I understand it Stratford (& Chester) pitches are in the middle of the racecourse.
Presumably you can get your van in & out during the 10 days? You're not locked in so to speak?

Yes you can, but not on the first Tuesday as that is race day. Most people go to this rally for the stroll or cycle into town along the river and rarely move their van once it's parked.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@Jim
Steve, the only time you have restricted MH movements, is on the Race Day itself.

HTH,

Jock. :)

Edited..........Just seen Jim's reply.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Yes you can, but not on the first Tuesday as that is race day. Most people go to this rally for the stroll or cycle into town along the river and rarely move their van once it's parked.
I used to work in Stratford, so would be keen to re-visit some of the nearby villages.
Also, I'm thinking that 10 days is a long time without EHU, even with a solar panel - so am thinking a run out would give the batteries a boost.
As I said, all new.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi @Langtoftlad don't worry to much in June plenty of day light hours so no worry's with the Solar Panels. Re the Chester meet you can move your van when you like, but if you are on a rally and likely to be taking your van off site much it's useful to let the rally officer know so that they pan pitch you in a convent spot.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Unfortunately I don't think I can make Chester next year, my new van isn't scheduled until the beginning of May
(and I don't have solar on current one)
But its a good point (for any rally I guess) to mention to the marshalls that you might be fidgeting.
Hi @Langtoftlad don't worry to much in June plenty of day light hours so no worry's with the Solar Panels. Re the Chester meet you can move your van when you like, but if you are on a rally and likely to be taking your van off site much it's useful to let the rally officer know so that they pan pitch you in a convent spot.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Unfortunately I don't think I can make Chester next year, my new van isn't scheduled until the beginning of May
(and I don't have solar on current one)
But its a good point (for any rally I guess) to mention to the marshalls that you might be fidgeting.

Chester is only 4/5 days and electric hook ups are available. :)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Very interested. Must get 2017 calander lol

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
If your going to move off site it might be best to let the tractor driver know.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
£76.50 Paid last year £90 this year thats with the 10% discount if we book early mmmm Neil Diamond tribute ,Bills type of music .
Not sure what to do about booking anyone else thinking of doing the 10 nights ?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
;

Unless it rains hard like this year:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
£76.50 Paid last year £90 this year thats with the 10% discount if we book early mmmm Neil Diamond tribute ,Bills type of music .
Not sure what to do about booking anyone else thinking of doing the 10 nights ?

I was just coming on to say that this seems a lot more expensive than normal...

Is the £10 per night for two people and two children, or per person? .... I wish they would give discounts to those not using the full quota of people. :( ...

I had just told someone that the best show of the year is the Stratford Show * lovely town and butterfly farm and pub grub and entertainment if you want it etc etc.. but I struggle with the costs of these shows. Just love Neil Diamond.. ah, I am I said ..

* except for this year when we were in 18 inches of water in parts of the field ...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Also, I'm thinking that 10 days is a long time without EHU, even with a solar panel.

Unless you are very inefficient you should manage indefinitely in June.

It's a great meet. Good walking and cycling. It's ebikes that can cane the batteries.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I used to work in Stratford, so would be keen to re-visit some of the nearby villages.
Also, I'm thinking that 10 days is a long time without EHU, even with a solar panel - so am thinking a run out would give the batteries a boost.
As I said, all new.

Why not take a generator.............:whistle:

:imoutahere:

(y)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
If the four nights of entertainment are similar to last years Polish Abba mime band, then we won't be getting too excited. The room provided last year was wholly inadequate for purpose, being L shaped and not really big enough for the number attending.

Stratford is lovely but 10 nights may be a little too long IMO, but each to their own as they say.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If the four nights of entertainment are similar to last years Polish Abba mime band, then we won't be getting too excited. The room provided last year was wholly inadequate for purpose, being L shaped and not really big enough for the number attending.

Stratford is lovely but 10 nights may be a little too long IMO, but each to their own as they say.

Agree the Abba entertainment was abysmal.... but Stratford has so much to offer and so I look on it as a ten day holiday in Stratford rather than a meet and I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do ... but then it was a lot cheaper last year. :(

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you for remembering Joy - that is fantastic. I have bookmarked and will look at it again. What a beautiful man, I saw him live about 10 years ago at Southampton - he is still wonderful. I remember seeing this show on the TV, must have been December '74, in the vicarage at Brancaster (don't ask) and I felt so envious of Shirley Bassey - in the same show she got to fly with the Red Arrows! Lucky lady!!!

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you for remembering Joy - that is fantastic. I have bookmarked and will look at it again. What a beautiful man, I saw him live about 10 years ago at Southampton - he is still wonderful. I remember seeing this show on the TV, must have been December '75, in the vicarage at Brancaster (don't ask) and I felt so envious of Shirley Bassey - in the same show she got to fly with the Red Arrows! Lucky lady!!!

I suffer from insomnia and switched tv on in the middle of the night one time, just as his life story documentary ... with music .... was starting.... What a sad person I am ... cup of tea and I was made up for the night ... brilliant.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
At Southampton he summarised his life story and showed pics of his family, house etc - it was really interesting. I fell for him when my then boyfriend gave me the Stones album in 1973! In fact it made such an impression on me that 13 years later I went out with that boyfriend again and lived with him for 4 years!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
fact it made such an impression on me that 13 years later I went out with that boyfriend again and l Lived with him for 4 years.......

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just received this....

Hi Jim

I hope this email finds you well.

I have just looked at some of the comments on your forum about the Stratford show next year. I think some of your members are getting confused over the costs. It is £10 per night. This is for up to 2 adults. Children go free. Last year it was £76.50 for the week but this year if they book before the 1st January then the cost for the week is £63. Also the race meet is on the 2nd Tuesday which is the 20th June. Please can you put something on the forum to explain this.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
That's not bad...... are we having the same security men ... they were gorgeous. ;)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
:doh:I was confussed I thought I paid £76.50 for the 10 days not a for week . After reading through last years thread to check, I realised it's the 10 days that's confussed me I autamatically thought it was 10 days we had done previously :doh:Only ever done a week at Stratford . Sorry x

Had a great time last year despite the weather and the swimming pool in our awning .The staff worked so hard very friendly lovely people did everything they could to help and and I'm not just saying that because they are reading the furum . Nothing but praise for them last year on the Stratford thread from us .
Kate x

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Anything but a sad person movan, who could ask for more,a night spent being entertained by Niel Diamond and a cup of tea as well. Magic.:dance2::dance2::dance2:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back