Morocco with a small box trailer (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
We hope to go to Morocco this winter and would like to tow a small box trailer. Wondered if anyone has done this and how feasible it is? We would be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Florence

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
When we where there in 2014 loads had them large and small I never noticed any problems (y)
If it's a light one you had better tie everything down it can get just a tad bumpy :)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i towed a teardrop caravan around back in 2000.did snap the chassis . but it had been made with light tubing so it was very light so i could tow it behind my trike .
just make sure you have good locks on it .
my son slept in it .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• img027.jpg
    img027.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 42
  • img026.jpg
    img026.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 49
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Try to find one with decent suspension. Indespension seems to have cornered the market in suspension that does nothing unless loaded close to its limit.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Every town has a place that could rebuild it in ten minutes if anything breaks.
had mine welded up twice .
when i got home a rebuilt it with 2x1 box . decided it was better to have it stronger.
but yes every village someone can repair almost anything .
mind i take my own inverter welder these days it works ok off my diesel genny.
but morroco is one of the best places in the world for being able to get the wheels turning again .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Respect Sir.

For the welder. Naturally not for the gennie.
bought it in malaga by the airport . luckily i did not long after i broke some leaf springs on my trailer while coming down through dades gorge . luckily managed to buy some . but had to weld some as well. and again coming along the coast from alohceima to tetouan. it took some doing but i can laugh at it now .
had some new springs made in spain . but after three years they sagged . so replaced the lot with new springs from peak trailers . they had supplied lynton with springs when my trailer was first built in 87.
peak or now peak dynamics as they are now called are really fantastic spares suppliers for trailers

OP
OP
M
May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Thanks to everyone who replied, much appreciated. One of the reasons we were unsure about towing the trailer was that some of the campsites seemed to be very tight for space, especially those enclosed by walls,and we weren't sure whether we could fit in the spaces provided.

Kind regards

Florence

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
At least 50% of the French MHs in Morocco (which means40% of ALL MHs) seem to tow trailers, most of them fairly large box trailers.
I can think pf very few Moroccan campsites/gurdian parking spots or wilding spots where there would be a problem with a trailer.
The Moroccans are amazingly inventive and helpful in getting you parked in even very tight spots if theres a dirham or two in it for them.

OP
OP
M
May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Thank you Makems, that is really helpful. All the replies to my question have been informative and I am grateful.

Thank you

Florence

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes many of the french have for years towed trailers similar to lynton loadluggers .
its because they have never had the over 3,500kg gvw licence . they carry bikes washing machines you name it in their trailers . even way bact 30 yrs ago it was common . plus the trailer made a nice flat area for solar panels . the trailers carried batteries and inverter was a proper little power house. and easy to keep the panels clean .

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Thanks for explaining that Alan. I have often wondered why so many tugged those box trailers when no other nationalities seemed to bother.
A lot of them have quad bikes or motorbikes in their trailers - ideal for getting around and doing the shopping.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Thanks for explaining that Alan. I have often wondered why so many tugged those box trailers when no other nationalities seemed to bother.
A lot of them have quad bikes or motorbikes in their trailers - ideal for getting around and doing the shopping.
yes i admit it intrigued me for awhile . then john that used to live at the old aire at roscoff told me . he was french ,lived there for years in a motorhome .
i never really thought about the licencing . once you know it all makes sense . and yes they certainly are quad bike kings and queens . and have been for years . it was watching some of them and seeing how much they powered off solar that convived me to have it on my trailer . i had watched moroccan villages get it but thought it too expensive . but when i had the space etc it made sense. some of the french just seemed to park up in places all winter never move the m,home but have loads of leccy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back