Its looking like another RMB. (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have been in discussion with a couple of German dealers this last few weeks regarding picking up another motorhome on our way back from Bulgaria in the next two weeks. I had my eye on a very nice Variomobil but cannot get him to move far enough on price. What with the exchange rate being what it is, quality vans are now becoming difficult to find at the right money in Europe. Those that have bought my RMBs in the past are now in the enviable position of knowing they have gained significantly in value over the last year or so. I cannot replace at anywhere near the price I paid several years ago, but having a few shekels bur ning a hole in my pocket have decided to bite the bullet and am just finalising a deal on another RMB. I will post details once the deal is done, but I think the dealer will stand another couple of turns of the spanner before he is fully tightened down.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We saw your last one, in good hands, at Malvern. It will be across the channel by now heading for Greece the very long way.

That one was a rare beast indeed Brian. It could not be replaced now at double the money unfortunately. I know the new owners are well pleased with it and it could not have gone to a nicer couple. The perfect long terming rig for sure. 7.5 ton and 25 MPG with 170 BHP on tap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Im sure you will get a good one no matter what you buy good luck

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That one was a rare beast indeed Brian. It could not be replaced now at double the money unfortunately. I know the new owners are well pleased with it and it could not have gone to a nicer couple. The perfect long terming rig for sure. 7.5 ton and 25 MPG with 170 BHP on tap.
Lovely van

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Lovely van
It is indeed, and one of the few vans I have missed after it departed.
La Torreta 002.JPG

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Just needs a couple of new door hinges. ;)

Glad to see that you are sticking with the touring theme Dave & Pat. (y) We did think of buying in from Germany too, but not whilst the £ is on the way down against the €. :(

Good luck with the tightening of the dealer's nuts. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just needs a couple of new door hinges. ;)

Glad to see that you are sticking with the touring theme Dave & Pat. (y) We did think of buying in from Germany too, but not whilst the £ is on the way down against the €. :(

Good luck with the tightening of the dealer's nuts. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Having been static for a while I think its time to start touring again Jock. The way things are going in Europe and with the state of the £ am of the belief that its best to keep my options open for a quick exit just in case it all kicks off. Gib is looking good at the minute as at least they except the £ and the Brits will defend it at all costs :). I do have another option, but it will involve a mini digger and a retired magician in Portugal :rolleyes:.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Good on you Dave and hope it all goes well for you and your plans, we are getting itchy feet again for the long term touring again and are thinking of selling our property here in Sweden, so tighten the spanner a couple of more turns on the dealers bits and hope it all turns out well for you ,regards AlfandM, ps if and when you speak with Malcolm and Catherine, please pass on our best regards(y)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Good on you Dave and hope it all goes well for you and your plans, we are getting itchy feet again for the long term touring again and are thinking of selling our property here in Sweden, so tighten the spanner a couple of more turns on the dealers bits and hope it all turns out well for you ,regards AlfandM, ps if and when you speak with Malcolm and Catherine, please pass on our best regards(y)

Hi Alf, thanks for the good wishes. I hear Malcolm is on route to Greece so may bump into him on the flip going home. I think what with all the uncertainty in Europe and with the £ its a good idea to make more of my options whilst am still able to get about a bit. If I dont buy now even though the exchange rate is not good it may be more expensive once we are out of Europe with import duties and VAT that may have to be paid once the plug is pulled. We do like it here in Bulgaria and would like to do more touring here around the Baltic's next summer, the people are lovely and so is the countryside. Not forgetting, its as cheap as chips.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
As said it's best to grab the bull by the horns now than later Dave Good luck,regards Alf

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi Alf, thanks for the good wishes. I hear Malcolm is on route to Greece so may bump into him on the flip going home. I think what with all the uncertainty in Europe and with the £ its a good idea to make more of my options whilst am still able to get about a bit. If I dont buy now even though the exchange rate is not good it may be more expensive once we are out of Europe with import duties and VAT that may have to be paid once the plug is pulled. We do like it here in Bulgaria and would like to do more touring here around the Baltic's next summer, the people are lovely and so is the countryside. Not forgetting, its as cheap as chips.
You lead a very interesting life Mr Snowbird, Not sure if I am jealous or not but there is no way that I could manage to keep up......;)(y)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
If you can raise the readies then I say go for it... You can wait & maybe lucky exchange rates get better & no punitive tariffs on used vehicles - but...
You might miss out on getting this vehicle or one as good.
You'll miss out enjoying a new van, all that time you waste waiting for something that may never happen.
Or you can just save your money for a rainy day...

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Ah! Everytime I see this van I regret not buying it. :doh:

Well it may come as a surprise, but it was never really for sale. Like most things in my life, life changing decisions are made at the end of a phone call.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You lead a very interesting life Mr Snowbird, Not sure if I am jealous or not but there is no way that I could manage to keep up......;)(y)

Bloody hell Buttons, thats rich coming from a man with two women in the kitchen :D.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Yeah the kitchen Snowman that is the one place that can test the harmony. :)

Jeeez, I dare not go in there when cook is in there, and I only have one to contend with. You must enjoy living dangerously. There are heavy pots and sharp knives in that place, not the place for a man with one of the fairer sex let alone two hormonal creatures.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Jeeez, I dare not go in there when cook is in there, and I only have one to contend with. You must enjoy living dangerously. There are heavy pots and sharp knives in that place, not the place for a man with one of the fairer sex let alone two hormonal creatures.
It is worse than that Snowbird, one she is a fantastic cook with unbelievable timing and organizational skills while the other, well she is not. Sometimes we walk a fine line...(y):)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It is worse than that Snowbird, one she is a fantastic cook with unbelievable timing and organizational skills while the other, well she is not. Sometimes we walk a fine line...(y):)

Walk a fine line !!!. Sounds more like the tightrope of death :rolleyes:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back