Free Member
Oct 4, 2009
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
High top,
Exp
4 Months
I have sold my caravan, If i have mad the wrong choice it might mean Divorce !!!!! or murder, Wife :Angry: not shore about Motorhoming with 2 young kids,
Saturday paid the deposit on my new Kentucky Estro 5,
Thinking about having Automatic satellite dish on roof and Fimma f45il 4.5m awning fitted, Any body got these items fitted ? what do you think?
Will be ready to collect Saturday week, i cant wait .........................

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Hi.

The satellite dish is not cheap, and the Fiamma awning, is really good, but in the short time we have had our MH, I have to admit that once we have got our 'drive away' awning, we will probably find ourselves not using the Fiamma awning as much. The awning is very easy to use but they are not that brilliant if wind gets under it unless you really peg it down.

Hope that helps and happy touring (hope the wifey likes the MH)

Adge

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I have sold my caravan, If i have mad the wrong choice it might mean Divorce !!!!! or murder, Wife :Angry: not shore about Motorhoming with 2 young kids,
Thinking about having Automatic satellite dish on roof and Fimma f45il 4.5m awning fitted, Any body got these items fitted ? what do you think?

Good morning and welcome to M/fun from Mel in France (Born Yorkshire man)
Have you made the correct decision my opinion "YES"
Having caravanned (not sure the correct word) all over the British isles for 25 years in about 8 different caravans my answer is Yes.
With two children ?.......but as you have already had caravans and are used to being organised in a small space should be ok
It is so easy just to move on to the next site, Aire, scenic area, stop to eat to toilet anywhere (middle of a town )
My Friend in Yorkshire, still has an up to date Largeeeeeeee caravan and tows with a R/Rover (mine is cheaper to run 30 + to the gallon)( his will be around 10 to 18 mpg) and wants to come over to France and travel with me with the motorhome...but I only go on Aires...AND HE IS NOT ALLOWED....so he is not a happy Yorkshire bunny.....it is so free and easy over here on Aires and I mean Free I have just come back home yesterday from 4 weeks away down the Atlantic side of the south of France in and around the coast and to about 200miles in-land, marvellous sites, lovely villages, lovely people, free electric, free site, free water on many of the sites I visited..... I do and will always shop in the village I visit when it is possible, with a caravan all this would not be possible.
The electric sat dish.....mine was fitted when I purchased the motorhome it manual wind up (very easy and sturdy) and was thinking of the electric models and changing ....NOT anymore...met 4 people with them fitted and spent a lot money...1, said slight wind and his automatically shuts down then starts up again so it is up and down all the time like a yoyo going round and round doing its sequence two others where broken one it a tempest over here last year at MIMIZAN (tempest is a strong wind if I have got it correct) the other has gone wrong in the electrical workings...the 4th said he was so fed up with it he would never have another ...and all four people now have a tri-pod and dish on the floor????...not good, so it has put me off.......mine about 400 Euros cheaper to replace and easy to mend....me once I had forgotten to wind down the dish (silly me) travelled 200km before I realised I had left it up. When I arrived in the south of France the dish was bent...borrowed a pair of ladders straightened the dish and bracket job done works perfect

Mel ...............hope you have many years of happy motorhoming

Upvote 0

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
You've made the right choice Billyboy, we did the same this summer. Always wanted a motorhome for the very reasons Mel outlined above. Having read Mel's reply you just wanna get up and gooooooooooo!

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
You've made the right choice Billyboy, we did the same this summer. Always wanted a motorhome for the very reasons Mel outlined above. Having read Mel's reply you just wanna get up and gooooooooooo!

I wish Gordon Brown and his cronies :Doh: (all the other parties are just the same they all pass water into the same pot :Doh::Doh::Doh: ):ROFLMAO: .....Would think of the English people for a change :thumb: (the people who gave them the jobs they have :Angry: ) it would not cost a lot of money for the councils to provide free sites :Cool: and electric/water/wc and grey water disposal ,.. ::bigsmile::winky: .....instead of claiming for second, third, fourth houses they do not own :Blush::Blush: and claiming for the unknown items they pluck out of thin air :whatthe: ....take a leaf out of France's book :thumb: and other European countries ( they may still claim for unknown items and fill there pockets) but they give something back to the people (maybe to keep them happy :Blush: ) and make visitors welcome :Smile::roflmto: that would like to come to England to look around for one ...two or three weeks holiday to see what a lovely part of the world it was and still could be
Instead of the MPs filling there own pockets :Blush: with LOTS OF MONEY :whatthe::whatthe: .... and the councillors taking smaller cuts barking at the heels of the MPs waiting for there turn! :cry::cry: with free lunches, what they all call perks of the Job :Smile::Smile: (well that’s a laugh "JOBS" money for old rope more like it :Angry::Angry: )
It is nice.... you just get up and go like LufcDave says Mmmmmmm its not a dream...Mel
:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We bought our motorhome in July and must say WE LOVE IT. Mainly we use it for when we go to sailing events arriving at our destination on a Friday evening and thats it, sorted. None of this manouvering into pitches, trying to erect an awning when its blowing a gale and raining heavily. Just put the kettle on and watch the "caravanners" struggle, beats having a tele for entertainment. Apologies to all we sat watching when we were at Rutland last weekend :roflmto:

Enjoy it and I'm sure your wife will to in time.

Upvote 0

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi Billyboyrider good luck to you all, when I retired nearly 3 years ago my dream was to buy a m/h for me personally it was the biggest miststake of my life the wife was against the idea, every time we went away she would have to drive her car. I found the trouble with a hightop coachbuilt was we were very restricted with the height barriers in car parks etc. your holiday should start the moment you leave home my wife felt we should be in the m/h together? only when we arrived on site did she feel happy and could start our holiday. we find we have more room in a caravan and when we put up the full awning you have double the space. we have had our new caravan for 3 weeks and the wife is a very happy person. with saying that everyone to there own. wish you all the very best for the future hope you enjoy your new m/h Tony

Upvote 0

mattb

Free Member
Jun 21, 2009
Funster No

Hello Billyboyrider,

We moved from a caravan to a motorhome last september, always wanted a motorhome but couldn't afford one previously. The caravan was a bit of a second choice really. We get on great with a motorhome and we have two young daughters 7 & 4.

Happy Motorhoming

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Billyboy and welcome.
We motorhome with two kids and have done so for about 5 years since upgrading from a caravan :winky:

We have a fiamma awning and its a must have as far as Im concerned great for extra bit of space but we never use the side panels. We also have a driveaway awning for the summer months.

We have just purchased a camos dome and I have recently fitted it. Works great and really pleased so far. Prior we had a wind up and find system which was good but I am just useless at finding a signal, which is why I opted for the camos. Now its pull up press button job done.

Enjoy your motorhoming, if you get it right its ace:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back