Feb 4, 2008
Hallow, Worcs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 yrs
Hi all

Can't find if this has been covered or not?

I read somewhere recently about new legislation for towing in Spain that requires a reflective sign.
Does anyone know if there is a specific sign?

I was thinking of a relflective "LONG VEHICLE" sign, but can't seem to find where to buy one.

I've got the square one from Fiamma [not reflective] that you can put on bike racks, but don't think this would be good enough.

Cheers Alice and George

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi if your van is not steel it will not stick - most are f/glass or ali - You will find most sigh / graphics places will have / can get magnetic stuff
terry

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Over 15mt long vehicle sign here if just towing a reflective triangle, sorry but I dont know were you can get them over there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Dont take to long coming over today sunny and 27 just nice for my morning swim:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
sugarplum

sugarplum

Free Member
Feb 4, 2008
Hallow, Worcs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 yrs
thanks emmitdb....... just the sort of site I was looking for.

Terry: thanks for you reply, the towed vehicle is a car so magnetic would do, but couldn't find relective.... till the link above.

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Large Vehicle Marker Boards

Over 15mt long vehicle sign here if just towing a reflective triangle, sorry but I dont know were you can get them over there.

Hi

Have just brought 2 x marker boards for our 5ver.

Try ebay or Truck Parts shop

Ant

Attachments

• marker.jpg
    marker.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 19

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Does one display these two marker boards horizontal as shown in the HGV Directs web site or can they be displayed vertical?

Mick

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
copied from another forum, it was advised that the plates have to be metal not plastic or those stickon plastic paper type

Spanish Regulations for vehicle combinations over 12 meters long
Any outfit travelling to Spain that is over 12m in length must have one long or two small aluminium boards attached to the back. The aluminium boards must have a yellow centre with a red outline and be reflective, the boards must also comply with ECE70 standards. (We would recommend that you check before purchase that the boards you are buying have the ECE70 mark stamped on them). There are two options available:

Two marker boards must be placed at the back of the outfit between 50cm and 150cm off the ground, they can be attached horizontally or vertically, and must be symmetrical. Dimensions of the marker boards are 565mm x 200mm

One large marker board that must be placed at the back of the outfit between 50cm and 150cm off the ground, this board must be attached horizontally. Dimensions are 1130 mm x 200mm.

Marker boards can be purchased from most HGV suppliers including:

HGV Direct
hgvdirect
Telephone: 0845 686 0008

Freight Products UK Ltd
Marker boards

01926 641222
For advice on attaching/fitting marker boards to your outfit please contact your local dealer or manufacturer.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Does one display these two marker boards horizontal as shown in the HGV Directs web site or can they be displayed vertical?

Mick

Two marker boards must be placed at the back of the outfit between 50cm and 150cm off the ground, they can be attached horizontally or vertically, and must be symmetrical. Dimensions of the marker boards are 565mm x 200mm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back