Ducato Heater Blower not working. (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
This might be of help to people in the future .......

Last week I discovered that my heater blower is only working on speed #4.

Research on the internet points to it being a faulty Blower Motor Resistor. On my RHD Ducato this is mounted on the blower motor, above the passenger footwell. Removing the Resistor is fairly easy, (if you are an agile midget) as it is held in with one screw. However, once the screw is removed, you have to depress a clip next to the screw and slide the assembly sideways, to disengage four small lugs. It then pulls outwards.

I checked the resistances, and the fuse and all seem OK ... none open circuit, though I dont know what the values should be. However, when I examined the plug, one connection has obviously overheated.

More internet research brought up this...

http://www.heaterblowerresistor.co.uk/fiatdobloducatoheaterresistor.html

I have ordered a loom repair kit and also a new resistor assembly, so I will have a spare, even if my existing one turns out to be serviceable.

John

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Had the same.. Cut the plug off and silver soldered the wires straight on to the resistor ..
Though me being me I bought a resistor first so it was ready to fit.. Ended up giving it away !

OP
OP
Revolvor
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Last week I discovered that my heater blower is only working on speed #4.

http://www.heaterblowerresistor.co.uk/fiatdobloducatoheaterresistor.html

I have ordered a loom repair kit and also a new resistor assembly, so I will have a spare, even if my existing one turns out to be serviceable.

John

The replacement Resistor and Loom repair kit arrived the next day. I cut off the old plug, and soldered/heatshrunk the new one, fitted the new resistor and it now all works.

However, information enclosed with the new resistor warned that resistors usually fail due to overheating, and a common cause is a blocked pollen filter that reduces the airflow. I have now ordered a new pollen filter!!

For those of you with a Ducato base vehicle, @Techno recently posted this. Thanks Andy, I hope to do it next week.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/x250-pollen-filter-change-in-pictures.80174/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Well yesterday I followed Techno's instructions for changing the pollen filter after I had half the dash on the floor I found my 2012 van hasn't got one! Or any place to fit it. Any body want to buy a brand new filter?? It does have a corse filter under the bonnet, you can even put your hand in and feel the heat fan blades. Bugger! Should have tried that first.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Well yesterday I followed Techno's instructions for changing the pollen filter after I had half the dash on the floor I found my 2012 van hasn't got one! Or any place to fit it. Any body want to buy a brand new filter?? It does have a corse filter under the bonnet, you can even put your hand in and feel the heat fan blades. Bugger! Should have tried that first.
Interesting but photos would have been useful
I'm not aware that any x250 cabs don't have a pollen filter
It's only the glove box if you're stripping the dash you're in the wrong place

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Behind the glove box and exposing the fan motor. You can see the fan vane's from inside the bonnet inlet. There seems to be no place for the 9" square filter to fit.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The central glove box
You are in the wrong place
I don't understand the confusion as the passenger glove box bears no resemblance to the pictures in my guide

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I'm in Germany so I can't see the pictures very well on this phone. I'll try the central glove box next?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
There's no point working blindly in the wrong place when I did all the hard work with pictures to make it easy :unsure:

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Right - I've taken out a dozen screws and everything is loose but the glove box or the inner liner is not coming down or out. Can you send me the link again, it disappeared on this phone

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Sorted - it's a doddle. No it's not it's a complete pig. It took me over half an hour. Wouldn't be so bad if there was more room between the seats. I would guess they designed it for the van but then decided to fit a glove box in front of it. After 4years and 30,000 miles I would say it was half done. But I'm happy to know I have a brand new one in there. Thanks to Techno.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back