Do you know this funster .? (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
im parked at le Diben plougasnou and I'm sure there is a funster here, they are in a Rapido Aclass and they have a distinctive painting they had done in Morocco on their van of a shepherd under a tree with goats in the tree... Oh and they have a canary in a cage on their dash...?

Do you know their user name.?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
No it's not us, have a look at the thread Touring UK in September and you will see where we are. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
No it's not us, have a look at the thread Touring UK in September and you will see where we are. :Smile:

Yes I did see.... I went and took a picture of the van here now .... When I saw it I recognised it being on the forum...

image.jpeg

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have they got a Funster sticker in the window :)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
And here I was, thinking the SAS were all ruffy tuffys. And you from Kernow an' all.

Get yourself over there and introduce yourself. What's the worse that could happen. A shared bottle???

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
And here I was, thinking the SAS were all ruffy tuffys. And you from Kernow an' all.

Get yourself over there and introduce yourself. What's the worse that could happen. A shared bottle???

Sas, stands for smith & sharp but am sometimes hard...:eek:

:whistle:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There will be literally thousands of those paintings on vans from all across Europe. The artist is one of the most prolific, his name is Rachid and works around the Banana Village area north of Agadir.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
There will be literally thousands of those paintings on vans from all across Europe. The artist is one of the most prolific, his name is Rachid and works around the Banana Village area north of Agadir.

It's not one of Rachids I wondered and zoomed in on the signature, very popular as you say. (y)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
It's not one of Rachids I wondered and zoomed in on the signature, very popular as you say. (y)
no its kalids brother . same area though .
abdel he did purple bobs . well some of them kalid did some .
all very good artists .
kalids family lived up the iminiki road . right at the back end of banana village then on the way towards the school. just before it drops to the river .

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Then it's a cheap knock off copy! Rachid is the main man, a proper artist and the others copy his work.
When he was doing ours in Tagazhout he told me he put his son through university on the back of his skill. His paintings last for years........and years!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
kalid was actually painting before rachid .
rachid got some of his money from his german wife .
but he does good work . i had some paintings by him in 98.
rachid was quite young then.
the paintings have been going on for years . didnt see many campers with them in the b70,s but during the late 80,s early 90,s it became common .
there as been several doing it on tagga . but the first seemed to start out by the kings palace the other side of agadir . we used to park on the beach there but it got built on in the 90,s and changed things . all that area by margane was just scrub land back then . its incredible how its changed .
tamrhakht was only a few houses as well.
the hotel as you get just before tagga on the coast was all cliff tops with the source a fresh water spring right where they built the new hotel.
the paintings on my truck were done in 2002 .could do with a touch up these days . have varnished them but time takes its toll.kalid did the ones on my truck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back