Which Radio CD player with Bluetooth for Peugeot Boxer? (1 Viewer)

Yamman

Free Member
Sep 30, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde 180
Exp
I want to replace my std fitted radio CD player because I'd like blue tooth and the existing radio is poor. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We have one of these:
Link Removed

Only thing is, when you happen to be tinkering in the van, and your phone rings, it scares the living daylights out of you! It wakes up on bluetooth! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Oh, and just as a side note, your aerial is almost certainly not connected to anything! I traced the aerial wire in ours. Prior to the conversion, the van obviously had a rooftop aerial. In conversion the aerial wire was cut, and not attached to anything. You may want to look at fitting an antenna, the windscreen mounted ones seem to work really well if you don't want to drill holes in the wings.

OP
OP
Y

Yamman

Free Member
Sep 30, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde 180
Exp
Mine is a 2008 avantgarde 180

What year is yours?

Good point about the aerial, I'll check that out too.

Cotswoldiver

Free Member
Sep 2, 2016
Beenham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway El D
Exp
newbie with MH, 9 years with VW Camper
I like the service from Car Audio Direct, is it a simple 'swap' over from the standard unit to the Alpine?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I like the service from Car Audio Direct, is it a simple 'swap' over from the standard unit to the Alpine?
Yes, but with a caveat. The unit plugs straight in, but for some reason Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen have wired the permanent live the wrong way around. You will need to swap the yellow and orange (from memory), the harness supplied has bullet joints to allow you to do this, so it is nice and easy.

Cotswoldiver

Free Member
Sep 2, 2016
Beenham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway El D
Exp
newbie with MH, 9 years with VW Camper
Thanks Daniel. Picked my Broadway up today, it's a 2008 model & sure miss having an iPhone connection, this looks like it will sort that out nicely & Bluetooth bonus

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We have one of these, cd Bluetooth and usb we've found it ok but you may have to upgrade your speakers to get the best out of it...

From halfords...

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We have one of these:
Link Removed

Only thing is, when you happen to be tinkering in the van, and your phone rings, it scares the living daylights out of you! It wakes up on bluetooth! :D

Does it have a CD Daniel....? A lot of new ones nowadays don't...?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Does it have a CD Daniel....? A lot of new ones nowadays don't...?
Sure does, the front flips down to reveal the CD slot, also plays MP3 CD's :D

Thanks Daniel. Picked my Broadway up today, it's a 2008 model & sure miss having an iPhone connection, this looks like it will sort that out nicely & Bluetooth bonus
We purchased the optional iPod connector, so we have the iPod in the top glove box driven directly from the head unit. The bluetooth works very well, and the mic for the telephone seems to work very well.

If you can all wait until Sunday evening, I'll post some pictures here of the setup :D

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Still waiting Daniel!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun