Jonathan Paul Martin

Free Member
Sep 30, 2016
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
LDV Convoy
Exp
Found a great cheap LDV Convoy minibus which looked ideal for conversion, but cannot find an insurance to touch it.

Shield won't touch minibus conversions (even after it's been re-registered, apparently).
Caravanlife need it to be a second vehicle.
Adrian Flux needs a permanent residence with utility bills (I'm nominally staying at my sister's home, so no bills).

I'm at a loss. Any ideas from the collective wisdom?

Jonathan

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Second person to post this tale of woe today, the only answer I have is that comfort insurance is the choice of full timers.
Oh and welcome to the site.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi and Welcome JP from what I read on here you are not alone in your plight, I'm sure someone will be able to help.......

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
There is at least one regular on motorhome365.com who has converted a mini-bus to a full time motorhome. A shout out on there might help too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I phoned them up. They can offer unlimited European cover but do not cover full timers. Can someone explain the difference please?
Unlimited European cover means the insurers don't limit the number of times you can visit mainland Europe.
There will still be a time limit per visit....could be 90 days.
This doesn't constitute full timing.
You still need a UK postal address...maybe a friend or relative who's address you could use and will forward mail etc.
You're going to need this for vehicle registration and driving licence renewal and any penalty notices etc anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back