Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
i am a voracious book reader so find taking a kindle on holidays saves a lot of weight! In my kindle account I can save books to a private wish list called the Dog Kennel, not sure why - I don't think I named it!
Anyway, when I see a new book reviewed in the paper or a magazine that I think I would like to read I search for it in kindle books and add to this list. They are usually new releases and therefore full price.
Going back my list today, I find that all the books have been reduced in price since I added them and one of them down to 98p (reduced by 74%). I shall keep on adding new books and buying them a year later.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
And there is always Kindle unlimited. Not for everyone but works for us.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If you have Amazon Prime and opt not to have next day delivery, Amazon gives you £1 towards books for your Kindle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Anyway, when I see a new book reviewed in the paper or a magazine that I think I would like to read I search for it in kindle books and add to this list. They are usually new releases and therefore full price.

I use EreadiQ for this, free to join you put all your books in your wish list ( and you can choose favourite authors too). You can set it up with a price ( by book if you want) so that when the books drop to the price you are willing to pay it will send you a notification.
It's quite useful and you can also see popular price drops that day etc etc.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I use EreadiQ for this, free to join you put all your books in your wish list ( and you can choose favourite authors too). You can set it up with a price ( by book if you want) so that when the books drop to the price you are willing to pay it will send you a notification.
It's quite useful and you can also see popular price drops that day etc etc.

Hey, I tried to use the thing you set up for me (once) only to be told I'd already had my full allowance :LOL:.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Is that Martin interfering with your set-up ?:whistle:

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
For Kindle free books use this link. Set your own preferences.

Link Removed
I do use the daily deals and free books but, as you say, quality a bit variable. Using the list for books I would really like to read.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I've got a bit fed up with Kindle books as there is a lot of self published rubbish. I've started downloading books from the library onto my tablet. Its free and better quality books.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I've got a bit fed up with Kindle books as there is a lot of self published rubbish. I've started downloading books from the library onto my tablet. Its free and better quality books.
Must investigate!

Edit: I've applied to South Glos library service. Books only for 21 days and not for kindle use (and only if someone else doesn't have it) but a useful supplement to my reading material. Thanks

Last edited:

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Must investigate!
Its easy. I think different areas have different systems. I'm in North Yorkshire and our libraries use an app called OverDrive. I had to go into the library to register and they gave me a code to go with my library number. I just log into OneDrive enter my library number and code and download books. I take them out for 14 days. When the times up they just disappear. I think you can order books too. Unfortunately you can't download books from the library onto a Kindle so I have to use my tablet.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I suspect this is similar to dailyfreeread...

Bookbub
Set your preferences as to genre and you get a daily email of discounted suggestions - one of which will be free.

https://www.bookbub.com/home/overview.php

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I've applied to South Glos library service. Books only for 21 days and not for kindle use (and only if someone else doesn't have it) but a useful supplement to my reading material.

I'm also part of South Gloucestershire, you just download overdrive to your tablet and the books are held in that. You can do a wish list of books you want, if they are being borrowed you get a notification when they are available. The books automatically are returned after 21 days but you can re-borrow if no one else is in line to borrow it.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
The kindle book I'm reading at the moment is by lady Colin Campbell called the queen mother.
Evidently although her father was the earl of strathmoor her mother was the cook margarita, which is also her middle name.
Can you believe anything you read:eek:
Glad this was free, I'm glazing over already

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I have a Nook e book reader and one thing that really annoys me with these e books is that they aren't transferable from one e reader to another due to some protection they have built in (the book) similar to music downloads.

I lost a lot of books when I tried to swap from an older Sony e reader to the nook.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have a Nook e book reader and one thing that really annoys me with these e books is that they aren't transferable from one e reader to another due to some protection they have built in (the book) similar to music downloads.

I lost a lot of books when I tried to swap from an older Sony e reader to the nook.

It really is a mess for us, the one paying the money. We pay VAT on the ebooks. When we finish a paper book we would pass it on, not possible with a lot of ebooks. It's a pity the readers suit MH people so well.

I have tens of thousands of ebooks when on the move. All bought of ebay. Now I'm sure some are illegal, but I bought as a legitimate job lot and I have no way of removing any copyright ones. Many are good old classics I assume long out of copyright and as good if not better that a lot of modern books.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015

Calibre is your friend
http://calibre-ebook.com/about

ForeignGadger

Free Member
Feb 29, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
T5 Reimo / Wildax Aurora
Exp
since 1977
I agree : Bookbub is great: make sure you enter your preferences.
I never pay more than 099 ukp for anything and there are some good reads: many are free.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
My wife and I both have Kindles and fortunately have similar reading tastes. By using Kindle's Family Library we effectively halve the cost of the books.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back