If you could change just one thing about your Motorhome, what would it be? (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What is that one thing about your Motorhome that you don't like, that you would like to improve, or that you wish was different?

For me it's the appliances, and that there is no real choice when it comes to Fridges and Cookers.
Everything Dometic seems to make is utter rubbish - and overpriced too!

What one thing would you change if you could?

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Make it 4wd!

This is my winter project :)
Screenshot_2016-09-03-19-06-05e.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We want a new one but can't afford on their is a saying sumeware make the best of wat you have not what you don't have lived most of my life with compromised but just love life as it is
Bill
How is young Jay I can't find the thread. Is he back at school proudly showing his pot?!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Lol

No. It's an ex Swiss army ambulance but I see where you are coming from. 6 wheel drive fridge? Uumh ;-)
has a built in bed already!!!
Will you start your own thread then @Robert Clark won't get vexed at me for hijacking!!:LOL:

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
It annoys me (occasionally) that the mirror adjusters are on the passenger side - LHD shell on RHD chassis..

Oh! And that I cannot see in back of Moho from driver's seat when something rattles, falls or opens as i'm driving - solo...

While i'm at it..... The easily blocked minuscule plug-holes in the shower tray.. (If you have hair!! - like wot I do)

And if i'm really being picky.... The fact that the construction is mostly shite for the dosh you pay!... Its all surface "wow factor" dressing... I.e I have a gazzilion led lights and mostly only ever use three.. (Except when showing van to friends n family....)
A single led over table area, led strip over hob and occasionally the bathroom....

John T

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Yes it's a compromise; so the bed has to go north - south but the upside is it can squeeze through any space a car can.
Sorry I was answering the OP... My transverse bed is 4'' too short. Lol

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Sorry I was answering the OP... My transverse bed is 4'' too short. Lol
Lol that's a coincidence. It is my only real negative about it so never thought to check who you were replying to :)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Lol that's a coincidence. It is my only real negative about it so never thought to check who you were replying to :)
We decided the layout advantage of a transverse rear bed outweighed the advantage of a bed you can lie out flat in..which is true.. But at that time on a Sunday morning the extra 4" would be nice lol

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
We decided the layout advantage of a transverse rear bed outweighed the advantage of a bed you can lie out flat in..which is true.. But at that time on a Sunday morning the extra 4" would be nice lol
I feel I might be in danger of hijacking Roberts thread (sorry). My Pinzgauer is only 1.8m external so it's really too narrow to consider any other option. I'm a solo traveller so it's easier for me to fit a full length bed.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
The fridge!
Its been nowt but trouble since I bought it.
I would happily remove it and replace it but thanks to German engineering and design there is no way of getting it put of the van.
Its too big to go through the hab door or the driver & passenger doors. It could go out through the bedroom window, but its too big to go through the bedroom door!
And then there would be the same trouble getting a replacement in.
GRRRR........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back