Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
When possible I visit my my sons address to access the internet via wi-fi and his BT Broadband.

My alternative in via my Vodafone data sim card which I have installed into the Ericsson F3507g Minicard which is built into my Lenovo (IBA) laptop.

The problem is I find on some forums that pictures in some postings do not download when on the Vodafone sim but if I connect via wi-fi at my sons they appear, any one else had or noticed this problem?

Mick

Last edited:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
When possible I visit my my sons address to access the internet via wi-fi and his BT Broadband.

My alternative in via my Vodafone data sim card which I have installed into the Ericsson F3507g Minicard which is built into my Lenovo (IBA) laptop.

The problem is I find on some forums that pictures in some postings do not download when on the Vodafone sim but if I connect via wi-fi at my sons they appear, any one else had or noticed this problem?

Mick

Hi Mick.

They do this to save bandwidth as some pics take an awful long time to download.

Look at the connection speed you get over the Vodaphone link.Reminds me of the 56 k modem days....:Doh:

Noticed this on the t-mobile card we used briefly at my previous job earlier in the year when good old BT failed to deliver on time...:shout:

They also use compression or lower resolutions on the pages for the same reason.

Steve

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back