EHU reservations (Towel on sun lounger!) (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Not sure if this is a daft question … but here goes anyway!

When you get onto a site, presumably you are either allocated a pitch or allowed to choose one … ? So after you’ve parked and put up your awning, chairs, table / whatever, and then you decided that you’ll go and explore the surroundings (in your van), what happens to your pitch?

Do you leave stuff out to show that there is someone in residence, or would that all disappear while you’re away :eek: Do you have to set up anew on a different pitch on return or is there a system I haven’t read about yet. Similarly with generators … at bike meetings they seem to be attached to vans with chains, like Titanic anchor chains … is this the order of the day or is it more relaxed/safe on UK sites?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you're allocated a pitch then that pitch should be safe if you go wandering.
If it's been overtaken report to reception if the occupiers won't move.
If it's first come first served then you could lose it.
Leave something of little or no value on your pitch and hope the pitch is vacant when you return....DONT leave EHU cables etc.
You can buy small plastic name boards with wording like.....

PITCH RESERVED FOR (your registration No)
It may still be there on your return or it may be in the hedge bottom and a caravan on your pitch..

My advice is ALWAYS chain generators and free standing solar panels to something that won't move.
Not everyone is honest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
towels on sunloungers chuck them in the pool. thats was what you had to do with the germans towels in the 60,s and 70,s .
with m,homing the french were always chairs etc saving places , gone all day . but now the french , germans , dutch do it all the time .
like wild animals most of them . the Belgium etc are catching on .
if you want hassle move them and be prepared for hassle . ideally go on down the road . stay away from them .
mind uk m,homers do it as well . have parties in the street , but then they are really campsite dwellers just trying free camping .
avoid them drive on . there will be a quieter nice place , but next year the campsite dwellers will be there and spoiling it . happens all the time.been going on for years .

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Talking of chaining things.

Many years ago at the Silverstone GP I was tent camping with car.
Woke next morning and the car had gone.
All my mates said they heard nothing.
Found it 200 yards away outside the temporary police 'station' at the top of the camping area.
My 'mates' had broken in (no damage) and let the handbrake off.
They had pushed as far as possible with the steering locked then bounce the front over and pushed again....repeat for 200 yards.
Biggest bunch of twats ever, but still mates with most of them 35 years on.

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
another favourite was anyone in a tent went to slep pissed . if it had no built in round sheet lift it up and put it at other end of campsite .
brings back many happy memories , both sides of it. hee hee

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
another favourite was anyone in a tent went to slep pissed . if it had no built in round sheet lift it up and put it at other end of campsite .

So as well as a chain for my generator I also need wheel clamps for my van, while I'm sleeping in it ;)

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dont worry big bolt croppers will get through . disonect handbrake cables and we can move you if we want to. real basic aframes allow movement of almost any vehicle . hee hee .

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Pulling out all the tent pegs and poles caused similar hilarity :)

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Reminds me of our trip to south of France.Left ground sheet a bucket and my flip flops on the pitch.Came back later,Flip flops and bucket still there,Ground sheet gone.Went to reception to report.The lady was upset but told me to look at German van on pitches,They are the one's that steal from pitches:) :)

Upvote 0

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
We followed the advice and left a "reserverd for motorhome" sign on our pitch at Selsey this summer. When we got back at the end of the day the good news was the pitch was still unoccupied, the bad news was someone had nicked the sign and the post it was on :mad:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back