BMW Cruise Electric Bike- anyone got one? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Have been looking at a BMW Cruise electric bike. Has anybody got one or know anything about them your comments would be a help in making up my mind.

colyboy

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
You're kidding right? Who would pay that much wonga for an electric bike, especially one made by BMW?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Nice looking bike - looks well made too.
The price won't suit everyone, but I'm sure it's good value if you've that budget to spend.
How about taking one for a test ride?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not made by BMW though. Designed in the USA and made by Puch in Austria I believe. Not that that means they aren't well made. Just not actually made or designed by BMW.

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
To days price ÂŁ1650, but will not be buying one. Decided to go for as Volt.

colyboy

PeteS

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
35yrs
We just got 2 Whyte bikes and find them excellent. Max range on full charge 96km pull like a train up very steep hills. Shimno, Bosch and Yamaha seem to be the best.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I have the 2015 model of this e-bike, love it!

Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
From what I found....
The frame was/is designed and built in the USA....possibly by a BMW owned subsidy.
all the other components are standard electric bike parts....albeit expensive ones.

The ONLY car company that designs and builds ebikes in-house is Peugeot....and they've been building pedal bike since the late 1800s well before building cars.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
2015 model......ÂŁ2400. :eek:.

You could buy 2 good quality 125cc Chinese motorbikes for that. I know folk don't want a motorbike but look at the engineering. The electric starter and dashboard represent all of an ebike drive system. Wheels and brakes bigger and stronger. Engine/gearbox has more parts than ten ebikes.

I think people must be a few spokes short of a wheel to let makers get away with these prices.

Your ÂŁ600 is more like the value of a good ebike.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
image.jpeg
Oxygen electric bikes are quite brilliant, totally reliable,Samsung a Lithium Battery,we've got his and hers and love them.

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
On ebay it is as ÂŁ2400+ BMW dealer in Plymouth Devon ÂŁ1650

colyboy

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Not made by BMW though. Designed in the USA and made by Puch in Austria I believe. Not that that means they aren't well made. Just not actually made or designed by BMW.

That's got to be a bonus

karl c

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
I bought my City Pioneer electric bicycle when i was @ Malvern motorhome show. http://www.poweredbicycles.co.uk/ are used by many motorhomers and i recommend them.

Have two Haibikes, seen them at Newark show and poped in to there show as just down the road fromantic us.
Let me and Tracy test ride the bikes and went through all thing as what did we want from them. Very happy with bike and POWERED BICYCLES TOO

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
That's got to be a bonus
If anyone is feeling bored they could try and find out which bit of Puch is making them. Puch motorcycles was sold to Piaggio who apparently still produce motorcycles under the Puch name. However, the Puch brand, less motorcycles, was bought by an Austrian a few years ago who started selling bicycles under the Puch name, but the bikes themselves were made by a French company. I don't think Steyr are involved but they had links with Puch for a long time and they were responsible for assembling low volume cars for major manufacturers. Convertible SAABs were one I think and right hand drive Chrysler Voyagers from memory*. I don't know if they are still doing this but I did once have a tour of the Steyr plant in Vienna where they were making the Pinzgauer. A memorable visit not least for the hospitality - I learned the Austrians make some very good wines but they rarely export them as they prefer to drink it themselves. :)

*Which is notoriously unreliable :)

FrankC

Free Member
Oct 25, 2016
Petersfield
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm new
Curious if anyone has heard of Cytronex before? I saw them back at the Birmingham cycle show and they're launching a new conversion kit, I don't think I've seen anything like it before.

I've booked a test ride (they're based in Winchester) and the gentleman on the phone said their new C1 kit is available to ride in store! I'll keep you posted on how it goes...

As far as I can tell they are the only company doing fittings to existing bikes, so I can keep my old piece of junk if I want to :LOL:

Frank.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back