Aire at Quimperle (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Anyone planning to use this Aire would be well advised to find another one. We stopped there today and decided to move on. It's seen better days. All the Aires (160) describes it as a pleasant riverside area, which it is but the aire itself is very rough, with its very own family of rats playing around the waste bin:frowny:. There are much nicer Aires along this stretch of coast, if you can get in. Today is the first time this trip we've had to try 3 before we found room at Kergaher (164 All the Aires)
We're obviously in a popular part of Brittany :smiley:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Not sure which way your headed,but the aire at Camaret sur mer is very nice,little hedged areas etc.
If you go there ,be sure to come out the entrance turn ,about 400 yards up , you come to an old ruined building & just the other side of the hill,is fab view of a bay , the dogs would love it there & you can walk about a mile over to what looks like a fort , very interesting.6euros a night I think.

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Yes just looked them up and I'd already had them marked as recommended by you. Will probably go a bit further south this week before turning round and heading back up to Calais. Stayed at Port Manec'h (156) last night it was lovely. Right near a lovely beach and a nice peaceful Aire. Dogs banned from beach but no-one but us seemed to worry about it. Weather so warm we went for a swim!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Not sure which way your headed,but the aire at Camaret sur mer is very nice,little hedged areas etc.
If you go there ,be sure to come out the entrance turn ,about 400 yards up , you come to an old ruined building & just the other side of the hill,is fab view of a bay , the dogs would love it there & you can walk about a mile over to what looks like a fort , very interesting.6euros a night I think.
Also loads of German gun emplacements along the coast walks both ways from the house ruin.

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
We recently went over to brittany and decided to park up for the night just outside Plymouth at a very picturesque free car park at jennycliff lane..it was idillic,great view of plymouth sound(destroyers,subs etc) ice cream man,people having fun with their dogs and kids...then, it got dark and the mood of the place changed completely...cars were coming and going all night,music belting out music and two resident camper vans decided to show just how loud their music was..at 3am. we didn't sleep a wink and It was a bad night..would've stopped at the port but needed to exercise the dogs....so dont stay there,alright

Reactions: DBK

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
Also loads of German gun emplacements along the coast walks both ways from the house ruin.
I wonder why the french keep these relics from the war..if I was a frog it would seriously piss me off being reminded of such a dark time in their history...

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I wonder why the french keep these relics from the war..if I was a frog it would seriously piss me off being reminded of such a dark time in their history...

Maybe its a memorial to the people they lost also to remind people war is not good

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Anyone planning to use this Aire would be well advised to find another one. We stopped there today and decided to move on. It's seen better days. All the Aires (160) describes it as a pleasant riverside area, which it is but the aire itself is very rough, with its very own family of rats playing around the waste bin:frowny:. There are much nicer Aires along this stretch of coast, if you can get in. Today is the first time this trip we've had to try 3 before we found room at Kergaher (164 All the Aires)
We're obviously in a popular part of Brittany :smiley:
We were in Quimperle last month and desperate to park up somewhere for lunch - as we had the co-ordinates for the aire from 'All The Aires' we thought it would be handy place to stop, and also an opportunity to 'check it out'.

Well, because we were so hungary, we did stay long enough for lunch, but agree entirely with 2spritelyislanders' assessment. It wasn't somewhere we'd choose to stay overnight - and yes we spotted rats, in the adjacent stream in our case.

PS There's a Lidl just off the motorway en route into the town, if anyone needs to stock up on provisions. And almost opposite it, a huge E.Leclerc, selling cheap fuel.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Duplicate post

Join us or log in to post a reply.