Tesco credit cards.. be aware !! (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I was contacted by Tescos today to tell me a number of their credit cards had been got at.. Mine was on the list and had been stopped..
A new card will be with me next week..

The chap did say all those on the list should be contacted today but I would urge folk to check their next bill carefully in case there are any odd ball purchases !

Deleted User
Hi Jaws, is your Tesco card in your possession.

A few years back a work colleague of mine got his pocket picked and his wallet was stolen which included his credit card and he wasn't aware of it until he got a phone call from his bank to check on some expensive purchase using the card. He then realised what had happened and the bank told him not to worry about his card as they would cancel it and send out a new one.
A few days later he got another phone call from his bank querying quite a few expensive purchase and wanted to confirm that he was responsible for the purchases.
It turned out that the original call had been from the thief who had stolen his card and my work colleague thought the first call was genuine and therefore took no action to cancel the card.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yes mate.. Apparently there is a whole raft of cards on the list

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
You sure it was Tesco who contacted you? Didn't give your pin did you or they didn't say they would send courier round for your old card as per tv this morning ....rip off Britain or something.

Reactions: DBK
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
friends of ours were phoned one morning by barclay card to check if some transactions were fraudulent. when asked if cards were still in their possesion looked round for her bag and realised they had been burgled over night broken window was in the utility room that no one had been in

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I do wish these companies would tell the truth.
Not "a number of our credit cards have been got at.." but "Our under-resourcing and general laissez-faire attitude means that our security systems have been breached yet again".

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It turned out that the original call had been from the thief who had stolen his card and my work colleague thought the first call was genuine and therefore took no action to cancel the card.

Brilliant, can't help but admire the technique.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You sure it was Tesco who contacted you? Didn't give your pin did you or they didn't say they would send courier round for your old card as per tv this morning ....rip off Britain or something.
LOL !!
I am by nature a suspicious git. Several years working in IT means I have the nose for scams.
Never click on ANY link in any mail, never give passwords to anyone for any reason etc etc..
When I got the message I went on to the Tesco web site, got the fone number and rang them..
It really is the only way to at least TRY and protect ones self

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back