New Hymer bed system!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We have just got back from our two week trip to France to test out the new Hymer and it surpassed our expectations in all areas except one!! Our old Hymer had the wooden slats under the mattresses, similar to the IKEA bed bases but the new Hymer has these funny plastic flexi things that look like lots of plastic flowers under the mattress. The beds are very comfy but the noise!! Every time either of us turn over the plastic flexi thingies make a noise. The simple answer would be to not turn over but I am a very restless sleeper as my arms go dead and I get shoulder pain if I'm in one position too long. Has any other Hymer owners had this problem and if so has any one found a way to quieten them? Clean answers only please :rolleyes:

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
We've got the wooden slats, and even they have started creaking on any movement.
I'm going to try sprinkling some talc around any candidate friction areas.
If that doesn't work, I will try to rub some beeswax on the friction points.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
lay a blanket on the plastic grid before the materess

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
It's Froli system. We have it and like it. No noise from ours. Are yours clipped together? Maybe seeking on the bed base? It's quite a flexible system, you can alter the spacings and introduce different colour sections which are firmer or softer.
Broken Link Removed

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
... new Hymer has these funny plastic flexi things that look like lots of plastic flowers under the mattress. The beds are very comfy but the noise!!

Is that the Froli System?
Meant to be the bee's knees in comfort
Don't think I've ever heard anyone comment on it's noisiness!

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
We have the same set up. No noise from ours and I've got to say been really impressed. Really comfortable and we both get really good nights sleep.
Will take a closer look at ours at the weekend to see anything leaps out why your are noisey.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
:eek: If that doesn't stop you creaking try the same measures on the bed. :)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We had them in our La Strada.

I have just finished making some for our minivan too!

No problems with ours?.

TM
IMG_2466.JPG
IMG_2464.JPG

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Same here, took out wooden slats to fit the Froli system, definite comfort improvement and no noise at all!

The plastic "flowers" - are they clipped in place to the grey crosses on the base? They should be firmly attached - they come on and off by turning them 90 degrees. Are the grey cross bases clipped together firmly as well - they should be.

If noise persists try a blanket under the Froli system - it might be the bases making a noise against the board underneath.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We'll check it out in the morning, some very useful info. Thanks guys and I'll feed back tomorrow. It's like a squeaky noise so something may be rubbing somewhere. Or my joints are worse than I thought and its me creaking :rofl::rofl:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We've got the wooden slats, and even they have started creaking on any movement.
Would KY be better on the friction area and keep the noise down? Beeswax might be too thick???

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We to have the same system in our Hymer, and it is much more comfortable than the slatted system in our previous van. And we to do not have any noise from it. You could check that the fittings are securely screwed in and then give is a light spray with silicone grease.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can't offer advice ref the froli system however for 'numb arms' try cuddling a bolster cushion at night, or something that shape, as it takes the pressure off the nerves that run through the shoulder.

I have a pig soft toy that I call 'Pig-wig' which my Mum bought me ... it's basically a large sausage shape, pretty much like a bolster cushion but with feet, ears, nose and tail ... makes it easier to grab something to move him around ... especially his snout!!! :D

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
No noise from our bed with the funny plastic thingies and we are very active in bed.........

......passing wind :moon2:::bigsmile:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Definitely sounds (pun) as if your froli hasn't been installed properly.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You do know that you still need to use the mattress too don't you ... not just the springs! :rolleyes:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
You do know that you still need to use the mattress too don't you ... not just the springs! :rolleyes:
That would be just too funny...
...but looking back at the pic I posted earlier, I can see why you might think no mattress required... but surely not, really ??

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Be like sleeping on a giant octopus testacle :eek:

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Can't offer advice ref the froli system however for 'numb arms' try cuddling a bolster cushion at night, or something that shape, as it takes the pressure off the nerves that run through the shoulder.

I have a pig soft toy that I call 'Pig-wig' which my Mum bought me ... it's basically a large sausage shape, pretty much like a bolster cushion but with feet, ears, nose and tail ... makes it easier to grab something to move him around ... especially his snout!!! :D

Why can't you "grab" Chris or have I got it wrong? Is "Pig-wig" a loving term for Chris or perhaps his parts?

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
@DBK and GWYGWAY... it doesn't take long to find the level, does it

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I would try some silicon spray (mould release spray would be best), it is what the manufacturers use

Model shop of Feabay

Link Removed

KY may be good for some things (!) but it is water based

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Update: well Glynn lifted the mattresses and found 2 thin boards under his side on top of the Froli bits so we're guessing the noise has been an issue for the original owner. He moved them to my side and when I tested it it was definitely less squeaky although I still can't work out why they make so much noise when you have all reported no issues. Been mega busy today so will take a more thorough look once we get back from Lincoln. So for all of you at Lincoln this weekend don't get the wrong idea if you hear a lot of squeaking coming from our van :rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back