Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I've just tried to make a 20 euro deposit over the phone for our Winter in Benidorm but it wouldn't go through and they're obviously busy in the reception so I agreed to send it via bank transfer for which I have their bank details...

...however :rolleyes:...no way can I see to do this with my internet banking!

Short of asking someone there at the moment to nip in and put it down for me...is there an easy way?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Set up a new person to pay in your Internet banking with their details, that's the way I did it a few times.
Then you can transfer the money to them, they can de deleted afterwards unless you intend to pay them more of course.
If it was La Torreta I paid a deposit through their website and paid the rest when we arrived.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
What bank are you using?

I could use Norwich and Peterborough, Barclays or Nationwide. Also have a Paypal account.

This is the details they have sent in an email...

Datos banco

BANCO SABADELL

BENITELMO, S.L.

IBAN : ES62 0081 1353 8300 0103 2913
BIC : BSAB ESBB

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You may need to ask your bank to make this payment unless you have a Euro account in the UK.
Better to pay by card on their website if you can

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I have a Moneycorp account which is much cheaper for international transfers than my uk bank which charges £25. For 20 euros I would be tempted to post the paper money! I found that the German campsite I booked last spring would not take a card payment over the phone.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I could use Norwich and Peterborough, Barclays or Nationwide. Also have a Paypal account.

This is the details they have sent in an email...

Datos banco

BANCO SABADELL

BENITELMO, S.L.

IBAN : ES62 0081 1353 8300 0103 2913
BIC : BSAB ESBB
You won't be able to pay that with normal internet banking, you would have to go into the branch and arrange a transfer there - but as already mentioned it will probably cost more than the deposit. :) Sending them a crisp twenty euro note by post sounds like the best answer - or get on to your bank and arrange for them not to block the transfer by card over the phone - which I guess is probably what happened.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you get stuck my son fly's out next Sunday 2nd October...
I can get him to go and drop €20 in for you (y)

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Don't Own One Yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I've got a Euro account with Sabadell.
I could send it for you and you just transfer the £'s to me... I have a nationwide account too.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
As someone has already said you can send it by PayPal as you have an account.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
One of the benefits of having a FairFX account, as well as the prepaid card you get an international payments system which allows direct payments without charges from your UK bank account at decent exchange rates

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Santander have am international payment section on the online banking but it will cost you £25 to send!!! Ring or email tell them that it will cost more than the deposit to transfer and can you just give them your cc details?

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
We use transferwise, you put in how many euros you want to send and they tell you how many pounds it will be and you transfer the money to their uk account, they then send the money on to whoever you say, the campsite, and the charge is £1.

Reactions: DBK

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
You can send CASH by Paypal. if you have their E_mail addresses. I send money to my Grand-kids In Australia this way.

Pete

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Thanks for all the replies and help!

I had a feeling it would possibly end up costing more than the actual deposit!

I've had a kind offer from @Sheddy to nip in and pay it next weekend for me (y), but I have a couple of friends already at El Raco that I'll ask...just didn't want to be a bother (or get into debt :rolleyes:) if I didn't need to be:).

I suspect the guy I passed my details to at Raco reception got a digit or two wrong so it didn't go through! It sounded as if he was busy and a bit flustered!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
OK, @Dave and Ginny get ready for this! :D
To make a payment via bank transfer, you will need to look at you online banking. You will see an option for Swift transfer, go into that, and enter the bank details you have. It will go through, BUT the bank charges for Swift are astronomical.
I would suggest that the reason the original transfer didn't work was because they entered the CC details incorrectly. I have had this many times. The cheapest way to resolve it. Phone your CC provider and ask why they declined the payment. They are usually really helpful, and will give you an exact reason. Then phone the place, tell them what they did wrong, and it will all go through.
I have had this many times, I don't know why so many campsites have issues taking money from foreign cards! :D

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Santander have am international payment section on the online banking but it will cost you £25 to send!!! Ring or email tell them that it will cost more than the deposit to transfer and can you just give them your cc details?

But FairFX will do it for free as will other similar services. I even used it to top up my Portuguese bank acccount when I had one

https://www.fairfx.com/

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Unbelievable!

Had some friends drop by the reception to pay in cash my 20 euro deposit and they wouldn't accept it unless I emailed them the details to give authority for them to make the payment on my behalf! Can you believe it!

Some hope though...I've had a look at my Pay Pal and sussed out making a payment on an email address. I'll email them tomorrow and see if they have a Pay Pal account (which I assume they have to have).

Sometimes simple things seem to be so bloody complicated!

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
@Dave and Ginny do you happen to have a Hymer and have recently been in the Mosel? NMC question!!! Any blame must go to @Anthea M !!!!!!!!!!

Hello...we do have a Hymer but it's not us that's recently been in the Mosel I'm sorry to say!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Unbelievable!

Had some friends drop by the reception to pay in cash my 20 euro deposit and they wouldn't accept it unless I emailed them the details to give authority for them to make the payment on my behalf! Can you believe it!

Some hope though...I've had a look at my Pay Pal and sussed out making a payment on an email address. I'll email them tomorrow and see if they have a Pay Pal account (which I assume they have to have).

Sometimes simple things seem to be so bloody complicated!
I think the reason would be that they need a paper trail to support a claim by them against you for default, the deposit is part of the contract between you and the company to stay at their site, probably harsh implementation but not necessarily incomprehensible perhaps?

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Contacted my bank this morning and apparently there is an 'issue' with cards being declined with N&P over the phone and at ATM's so maybe why I couldn't make payment over the phone!

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Thanks for all the help. My bank claimed that they had tried to put the transaction through as if I were present and a pin number was expected. So, tried again this morning and stressed what the bank had said...declined again! So, tried using my Barclay debit card and ...hey presto it went through!

Both are Visa debit cards so exactly what difference it made I don't know!

Zippy4522

Free Member
Sep 24, 2012
eastwood
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Have you managed to make the payment yet. We are at Raco now and would be happy to make the payment and you can pay us back when you get here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back