Another nice Aire in Brittany (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:smiley: Anyone thinking of using the Aire at Guillmiliau (Brittany) would do better to drive 3K further to Lampaul Guillmiliau (311 All the Aires). It's a really nice (free) Aire on the edge of a quiet little town. There's a very picturesque old church well worth a visit and a nice walk for the dogs straight from the Aire. Oh and a very nice patisserie is five minutes walk away.
We had the good fortune to be walking past the church just as a wedding party was emerging accompanied by some traditional Breton musicians and we watched as they all danced outside the church, wonderful :smiley:

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
I agree, a lovely spot. I stopped off there in 2010, just for the night but stayed 3 days.
I seem to remember pristine toilet facilities at the back of the Marie?
Haven't found the toilets yet but will keep an eye out for them and see if they're still prisine, when we go back to look around the church now we can get in. The wedding party have just left with much beeping of horns!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Thanks for that info 'Broken Link Removed' it reads nicely here also http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/cci.php?numero=4372&chercher=Submit (patience it takes a while to load).

We are on our way up to that part of France in the next week or so and may well call in on that Aire, we've used the Aire at Saint-Thégonnec 48.52222, -3.94611 last year but yours looks nicer!

Thanks again, I've already added it to our records on the PC.

Rod

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The Lampaul-Guimiliau one is campercontact 357 I think. If it is the one near the church.

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Hi Pete & Sue,
I didn't realise you were heading to Brittany on this trip
::bigsmile: We weren't ::bigsmile: but went a bit off piste and decided to have a trip around the coast of Brittany on our way down to Twin Lakes. The joy of motorhoming :smiley: no firm plans just tootling about :smiley:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
::bigsmile: We weren't ::bigsmile: but went a bit off piste and decided to have a trip around the coast of Brittany on our way down to Twin Lakes. The joy of motorhoming :smiley: no firm plans just tootling about :smiley:
living the gypsy life style is what we love about france think i might take up tarmacing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back