Swift Kontiki Door step/electrics problem. In France Help (1 Viewer)

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Currently working my way home and am in France. As I do not have any French language not prepared to go to a garage.

I have a Swift Kontiki 660 which is a 55 reg on a Fiat 2.8 chassis. I can open and close the door from the sawitch and switch off and on the electrics and pump from the control panel. My problem is when I start the engine the door does not retract and the electrics remain active. I can live with these problems ut m concerned that I may not get a charge to my leisure battery or discharge the vehicle battery.

I have looked for a fuse or a relay but cannot find anywhere.

Any help most appreciated

ps I have posted on other forums to spread my net

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I think you will find the relay and fuses for this under the Black slopping cover in the centre of the engine compartment, directly facing you when you lift the bonnet, its held on with 2 small nuts and there is/could be a small rubber hose running across the front of the cover help up in 2 clips.

I would think as long as you make sure the step is retracted, you shouldn't have two many problems, but I'm not an electrical engineer.

Hope that helps,

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi you could always try a strip down and clean ? All steps are notorious for jamming with road crud
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Currently working my way home and am in France. As I do not have any French language not prepared to go to a garage.

I have a Swift Kontiki 660 which is a 55 reg on a Fiat 2.8 chassis. I can open and close the door from the sawitch and switch off and on the electrics and pump from the control panel. My problem is when I start the engine the door does not retract and the electrics remain active. I can live with these problems ut m concerned that I may not get a charge to my leisure battery or discharge the vehicle battery.

I have looked for a fuse or a relay but cannot find anywhere.

Any help most appreciated

ps I have posted on other forums to spread my net

Hi !
i didn't get it all, so if someone could put it in easier words so i get what's the problem then i would be able to help with the garage on the phone!
Let me know if i can help, i'll do it with great pleasure!
Give me the garage phone number and i'll try to make it easier for you

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Relay

Hi there
your symptoms are exactly matching the relay that cuts off internal electrics when the ignition is started, its done for safety so I'm told. Yes I had the exact same symptons and as the previous writer identified the relay position.
You can find info by searching MH forums for " habitation electrics "
Good luck

OP
OP
S

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for the various posts.

The step is operating satisfactorily.

Under normal circumstances when the ignition is switched on the step should retract and the supply to pump, heating , lights etc switched off. This is not happening and it appears to be a relay under the bonnet.

Will have another look tomorrow and as it is no creating a problem, other than remembering to retract step before moving, I can live with it untll I get home.

Thanks for input

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Shortcircut,

The problem is with the D+ signal, generated by the Fiat cab, which will cause the step to retract and the habitation 12V electrics to disconnect, when the engine is started. It seems that the D+ signal is not being received by the fusebox, and therefore, it does not "know" that the engine is running.

The D+ signal in your vehicle is a voltage, is taken from the alternator. If you lift the bonnet, you will see a set of relays in the center of the engine, and a blue wire come from this to the alternator. Make sure that the blue wire is firmly attached at both ends.

If that is OK, it is a case of checking the relays, and then the wiring back from the relay box to the fusebox inside the MH. If you have one, a multi-meter may help to see read the voltage on the D+ signal cable.

I hope that helps.

Ash

OP
OP
S

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Opened the bonnet this morning and removed the small cover in the middle. Found a relay, charge relay and a fuse panel with three fuses. A 15A was blown. Replace fuse and now all working as it should.

Thanks for the help

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Swift Kontiki Door step/electrics problem. In France Help

Sorted! :yeah::yeah:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Opened the bonnet this morning and removed the small cover in the middle. Found a relay, charge relay and a fuse panel with three fuses. A 15A was blown. Replace fuse and now all working as it should.

Thanks for the help

Now thats what I call helping out on here, it's I may not know, but I know a man who does!!

Sorted

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back