Free Member
Aug 7, 2016
Maryport
Funster No
MH
Exsis-t
Exp
4yrs
I noticed Campercontact mentioned in a lot of threads. So I downloaded it and bought the full version.
Tonight I noticed that Funster Robert Clark posted that he was at Campercontact 47353.
I typed this number into the search on the app but it couldn't find anything.
Any advice much appreciated.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I noticed Campercontact mentioned in a lot of threads. So I downloaded it and bought the full version.
Tonight I noticed that Funster Robert Clark posted that he was at Campercontact 47353.

click motorhome parkings then click in the search bar at top but change from city to name/sitecode
It will then work,47353 is Area camper Bersaglio, Costa Volpino :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

Don't forget to tick 'Name/Sitecode' when searching using a site reference

image.png

Upvote 0
May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Use nothing else now tbh, still got all my books and maps in the cupboard though, couldn't bring myself to throwing them away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I am just setting up Campercontact on my iPad. Was reading the website about adding POI's and came across the following:

On TomTom-devices, which use MyDrive for importing POI-files, it is no longer possible to upload an confine.

Below the files was :

Attention! You also need to download the Iconfile and place it into the same folder in which the navigation file is located. This icon displays the motorhome stops on your navigation system.

We use a TomTom Sat Nav & I was going to use this in conjunction with the app. Does the above mean I cannot download the files to my TomTomor is there another way of doing it.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Well after a bit or sorting & following instructions! I have managed to download Campercontact full version to my iPad & download some of the maps AND download them as POI's on my TomTom Camper Sat Nav. Moral of story, don't believe all you read. Feeling very chuffed at the minute as its all a steep learning curve.

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I think it's worth updating membership annually as so many sites are added/removed, plus I always like to read the latest reviews

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2016
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
10 years
I have just downloaded campercontact for the first time.
I am not the most skilled person with tech.
It does seem a bit of a waste of time on the free version so do you recommend the pay version being essential?

Also can I change the screen to landscape or is is only on portrait?
Thanks in advance for advice.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Portrait only I'm afraid and you need the paid version as the free one doesn't have all the data.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Well after a bit or sorting & following instructions! I have managed to download Campercontact full version to my iPad & download some of the maps AND download them as POI's on my TomTom Camper Sat Nav. Moral of story, don't believe all you read. Feeling very chuffed at the minute as its all a steep learning curve.
Just about to get the paid version and wondering how you managed to download it to TomTom, do tend to leave that side to John as it keeps him out of mischief ;) would be great to be able to say 'I know how to do it'

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I appreciate the advantage of having the paid version App as it can be used off-line.

We currently use CamperContact on-line.

My question is this - of course the info in the App is only current at the time of download. If one periodically goes on-line does the system recognise that one is a paid-up member and install updates of sites and comments on one's App? If so, how long does one have to give the system for updates and does it announce when it is complete?

Thanks in advance for definitive answers.

Geoff

Upvote 0
May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
You can update weekly if you want to.
For £5 a year I personally think it’s a great app!

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just about to get the paid version and wondering how you managed to download it to TomTom, do tend to leave that side to John as it keeps him out of mischief ;) would be great to be able to say 'I know how to do it'
You have to go one their website where the POI files will be found. Just download the TT version. :)

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
I much prefer search for sites, find campercontact very basic and hard to use.

Upvote 0

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Although I use different sources. Park4night, Campingcarinfos, and Bordatlas my first call is always CamperContact. Where ever I have been there is a dutchman! For such a small country they get everywhere. Go to the most remote camper parking and you will find " NL". The others might just be better in particular countries and regions, but if I had to chose just one it would be CamperContact

Dick

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
Camper Contact is good, but I prefer park4night, I’ve found it more up to date. The latest review page contains loads more everyday, and most reviews are in French which I can understand, you have to use the translate feature on CC unless you speak Dutch.

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Camper Contact is good, but I prefer park4night, I’ve found it more up to date. The latest review page contains loads more everyday, and most reviews are in French which I can understand, you have to use the translate feature on CC unless you speak Dutch.

Does it take you to the site as a SatNav?

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Both CC and Park4Night give directions opening up the mapping app you have on your device. They both of course, give gps coordinates so you can use your own satnav if you prefer.

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
Well, yes, but not using Copliot or TomTom or Garmin, you need google map, Waze, Navigon, Sygic or Mapsime. I just write down the co ordinates and whack them into Copilot manually.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Well, yes, but not using Copliot or TomTom or Garmin, you need google map, Waze, Navigon, Sygic or Mapsime. I just write down the co ordinates and whack them into Copilot manually.
assuming both apps are on the same device you should be able to copy and paste rather than writing down the co ords

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I much prefer search for sites, find campercontact very basic and hard to use.

I'm confused? Hard to use?:Eeek:
I switch my TomTom to POI and Camper Contact and it takes me to the nearest site or Aire. To the door - job done.
No maps, No French or Dutch translation necessary.
Where am I going wrong?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back