Buying a new MH in Germany do dealers discount (1 Viewer)

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Hi I was wondering if anyone has experience of buying a new MH from Germany? Do dealers discount and if so what sort of percentage?
I've found a sonic 2017 model I like but when I have contacted the sellers they will throw in some extra but don't offer any further discounts, is this the norm? Do dealers in the uk discount? The last time I bought a new vehicle was 1986 and I'm guessing things might have changed since then!!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I bought new from a German dealer at the beginning of the year and managed to get a decent discount.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I am sure it will depend on the models they are selling, any discount already applied to the screen price, manufacturers incentive schemes etc etc, BUT after all that I have just been offered 10% off a Concorde in Germany, no part exchange of course.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
We got 5% discount off list price of a RHD UK spec Globecar 600L revolution factory order from GErman dealer https://www.duemo-duelmen.de/ (dealing with Dominik Noll) ;)

It was applied without asking - For globecars (don't know about other brands) he said they have a 10% margin and take 5% profit and 5% to customer

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
What % roughly please?

We got 5% discount off list price of a RHD UK spec Globecar 600L revolution factory order from GErman dealer https://www.duemo-duelmen.de/ (dealing with Dominik Noll) ;)

It was applied without asking - For globecars (don't know about other brands) he said they have a 10% margin and take 5% profit and 5% to customer

We bought ours from Duemo and then put the other poster on to them. If your buying off the forecourt then it was possible to get up to 20% or so i was told by a fellow funster who's sadly no longer with us, I personally was offer max 15% for an in stock van.
Like the other Gerry who has posted above we went for a UK spec RHD van and managed to squeeze a good bit as a discount but I'd be lying if i told you the exact percentage as it was last September when we placed the order.
I did think it was near to 10% for the van and for accessories it depended on what they were and if they were factory fitted or dealer fitted.

We used the same dealer and agent as the above poster and recommended them to him so I would have no hesitation in recommending them again and I'm sure they do Adria's.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
In 2002 I purchased a new LHD Hymer from Palmowski, Bielefeld, Germany. I received a discount of 10% which included an extensive list of accessories.

The discount, as I understand, is because you won't be popping back every 5 minutes for warranty work. In those days, it wasn't normal practice to have warranty work undertaken by a UK dealership, only by the supplying Dealer. That has now changed and most European MH manufacturers offer a Pan- European warranty agreement.

So, the discounts available now may be less.

We dealt with a guy called Julian who spoke perfect English and was very helpful. Don't know whether he still works there.

One thing to consider is the insurance aspect from your foreign dealership to UK. We could only purchase 3rd party for the European leg. You can get it transported to the Port by low-loader or even to your home - at a price. Bundersvan who are based in the UK also offer this service.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We bought your new Exsis through Bundesvan last year we were able to get a huge €19000 off and ended up paying around £52000 for everything including their fees with tax and registration sorted and delivered to our home.
I would not hessitate in recommending them it took all the hassle out of importing at a really good price.(y)(y)(y)(y)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Probably, the amount of discount you can get will depend on the advertised price on mobile.de. You will, no doubt, have noticed that advertised prices of very similar vehicles can very widely between dealers. Some seem to apply discounts before advertising, and you might expect to get a small additional discount from them, whereas others ask higher prices and then may be prepared to apply a generous discount when asked.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Our van came from Ulrich Dürrwang really helpful company(y)

Sep 29, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
2016 Hymer, Adria
We worked out our new vehicle spec, including extras, and sent the same spec to several UK, Belgian and German dealers, asking for their best price. Durrwang in Dortmund gave us the best quote, and are experienced in exporting....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back