New motor home campsite near inverness (1 Viewer)

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Some of you may have already found this location but there's a new campsite opened up on the Culloden road just about a mile off the A9 heading east of Inverness. I was passing today when I was up on business so called in to check the facilities.
Website is here
http://www.ardtower-caravanpark.com/#
and the postcode is
IV2 5AA
All brand new facilities, level hard pitches, wifi on site and a kids play area and tv lounge. Very civilised indeed(y)
Thought I'd offer the heads up as it would be handy as a stopover for those heading up to Scrabster/Orkney or starting the NC500. Also handy for Culloden battlefield and inverness itself. :) Cheers the noo.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Another one that doesn't get the idea of motorhoming - no need for posh facilities.
Still, I suppose it will suit the ex tuggers

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Another one that doesn't get the idea of motorhoming - no need for posh facilities.

Odd comment when you yourselves charge the same for MH's as caravans, maybe you should have a reduced price option for us MHers??

There must be a massive investment by the owners, yourselves included, £23 / night doesn't seem bad inc electrics

But I do wonder why / how they justify an extra £1 for the dog

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
We won't be going then :(
Same with extra charges for an awning, greedy owners that cannot see which side the bread is buttered.
Sites should be straight forward pitch and two adults. Pay for extra people who will be using toilets, showers and play areas etc and a discount for singles.
Anything else makes it petty and that is not something I want when away on holiday.

OP
OP
Baileysbus

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Personally, I prefer wildcamping and the west highlands are just brilliant for that. Just put this one out there for those who might want to use the facilities before or after heading for the hills. Don't worry "I get" the idea of motorhoming. (y)

Deleted User
Prices quoted are for 2 people and there is an extra charge for each additional person but no mention of a reduction if you are a solo traveller.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Odd comment when you yourselves charge the same for MH's as caravans, maybe you should have a reduced price option for us MHers??

There must be a massive investment by the owners, yourselves included, £23 / night doesn't seem bad inc electrics

David I do not own a caravan site I only live here and I have tried to get the owner to consider a motorhome only site. I would love him to do it as the situation being so close to the M74 would be useful to many MH's.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Personally, I prefer wildcamping and the west highlands are just brilliant for that. Just put this one out there for those who might want to use the facilities before or after heading for the hills. Don't worry "I get" the idea of motorhoming. (y)

I didn't mean you don't get the idea, I was referring to the owners of that new site

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994

I don't mind so much if they provide extra facilities for dogs (e.g. Dog walk, dog shower) but some sites charge extra but don't provide anything. Most sites abroad seem to charge per dog. Even with ACSI, although one dog is included, additional ones have to be paid for and they rarely provide any facilities.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think the clue might in the name - they call it a caravan park and in their blurb they say they welcome MHs, caravans and tents. So its a campsite then. And good for them, I hope it is a success and I'm sure it will be.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Well personally I think it looks great, loads of eco-friendliness, caters for you guys with giant mohos, looks as though they'll allow a service visit, and unlike "the other" Culloden site the pitches are FLAT (on "the other" site we were on top of the ramps on one side, and still felt as though the moho would roll over, as well as being pitched VERY nose-down! :eek: ) OK it's not cheap, but I've seen (not visited) more expensive sites, and it's a handy location.
Thank you @Baileysbus (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I agree about the dog charges but theirs are cheap compared to a site we stayed on in Hayling Island £2.90 per dog per night they did provide bins but that's all it does seem dog owners are seen as fair game for extras doesn't it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back